Honored Contributor

Re: 2017 is fast approaching. what changes will you be making?

@chrystaltree wrote:

Please, I'm beyond that "new leaf" stuff...lol   I'm just going to live my life the best way I know how.  Same as every year.

Being nice to others would be a great way to start.

Honored Contributor

For me, focusing on time management is a priority.  It amazes me how much other posters accomplish.  I think my Kindle may be the cause.  I got it to read books, and ended up using for social media nonsense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think life is about constant change and don't like to do the "new year, new life" thing. If there's something I need or want to change/improve/revise, I do it at the time.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Continued good health, exercising and eating better, being appreciative for each and every day......I have so much to be thankful for! 

Respected Contributor

I hope to write 2017 on documents instead of 2016 but this usually takes me about 3 -6 months to accomplish Smiley Happy .

Also I plan to start working on not procrastinating . I will probably start tomorrow !

Another plan on my agenda : cleaning out the basement , if that not procrastinating thing works out.

Honored Contributor

I am thinking of retiring in June after 31 years of teaching. Teaching is very demanding work, and my health has not been so great lately. I already scaled back to 4 days a few years ago due to health issues, but it is difficult to stop doing something that has been such a big part of my life for so long. I guess I will figure out the right decision when the time comes. 

Honored Contributor

I just upgraded my smoke alarms in my house. Bought the new ones two weeks ago and they have been staring at me from my countertop since. Finally put them up yesterday and it's been way, way over-due. This is definitely a much needed change in my home and now I have more peace of mind.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I love the "Tiny House" everything.  I don't know that I could live in one, but I am always left with the thought about how much I spend and how much we really need.  I need to get rid of stuff-especially in the wardrobe and cooking departments (ie, plastic containers without lids).

Books are going to be so difficult: I am a cookbook collector, and I've got tons of books that I've never cracked open.  Leaving them to my kids would be great, but with the Net and sites like Pinterest and All-Recipes etc, the chance of them ever using a cook book is slim to none. My history books, and many older cookbooks, not to mention classics-are staying.....

My yarn stash needs to be organised like nobody's business!  I have a yarn buying problem for which I probably need a 12-Step Program!  I think I will consecutively work on the wardrobe and yarn situation!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 Have you heard of "The magic yarn project"?  They make wigs from yarn for children undergoing cancer treatment.  Might be of interest to you.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

Won't be changing anything in how I live. Never made resolutions, if there was something about myself I wanted to change, I set my mind on changing them, and was very successful at doing so.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)