Esteemed Contributor

I know there is lots of complaining on here about how long things take to be credited when returned. I just called the automated number to check on mine. Perhaps this has been mentioned a million times before on this board and I just never saw this number stated but the automated voice said to allow 17 days for returns. 

Just as an aside, that automated voice has such a familiar ring to it. I'd swear it was one of the female hosts from way way back in the early days of the Q. I can see her face and her dark hair in my mind's eye but can't get my brain to spit out the name.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlCould be someone from long ago.   I haven't called that number, but I do remember when the hosts often used that 17 days number  in the mid-90's.

Never been out any actual money because by the time my charge bill is due, I've always had my refunds -  but 17 days is a long time in today's world.

Honored Contributor

Not surprising given the time of the year.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

Re: 17 Days For A Return

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, it's not because of the time of the year.  I dropped off an Amazon return at UPS on Monday and received the credit the same day.

Honored Contributor

Why do people compare Amazon to QVC?  That's like complaining that apples don't taste like bananas and they should because they are both fruits.  At this time of year everything takes longer because every department is stressed and stretched to maximum capacity.  Of course, returns take longer.  They probably will until mid January.  

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I know there is lots of complaining on here about how long things take to be credited when returned. I just called the automated number to check on mine. Perhaps this has been mentioned a million times before on this board and I just never saw this number stated but the automated voice said to allow 17 days for returns. 

Just as an aside, that automated voice has such a familiar ring to it. I'd swear it was one of the female hosts from way way back in the early days of the Q. I can see her face and her dark hair in my mind's eye but can't get my brain to spit out the name.

@shaggygirl  Perhsps you're thinking of Ellen Langas Campbell?

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

@divine wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl  Perhsps you're thinking of Ellen Langas Campbell?

@divine  BINGO!! Ahhh thank you, yes that's the one. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember her name. Smiley Happy