Honored Contributor

Re: 12 children found in home

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I wanted to discuss this earlier but was fearful of the 'oversensitive' posters who don't want to hear anything relevant in the news..

Negative news honey.  Obviously you people get excited about reporting bad news. 

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I wanted to discuss this earlier but was fearful of the 'oversensitive' posters who don't want to hear anything relevant in the news..

Negative news honey.  Obviously you people get excited about reporting bad news. 

So you do not read the news,or watch any tv news stations?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Unbelievable story out of Feasterville PA. is all over our news (as I live in PA).

They found 12 children in a home with some creepy guy.

Supposedly an AMISH couple from Lancaster, PA gave the man their 14 yr old to pay off debt when he helped them. So the creep then took advantage of her and fathered 2 children with her. So that equals 3 kids.

Then supposedly they gave him their other 9 children too! So they found 12 children ages 6 months to 18 years with this guy. (But all this is pending ID of the children, because there are no birth certificates for these children and they weren't attending school).

A neighbor lady called police after seeing the children looking sad and fearful at the windows and in the driveway wearing blue dresses. (And she saw this for years, but finally called because she kept having a bad feeling).

PS Other neighbors had asked the man before if those were his kids and he said no he lives alone.

The couple and the man are arrested and in jail and the children are in protective custody.

Oh and the couple who gave their children? Lost their farm and business anyway and were living in a rented farm in Lancaster.

This makes me sick. Its pathetic. And I pray those kids get the help they need, as well as the 18 yr old who fathered 2 kids with him starting at 14!

So no one in the Amish community realized the 14 year old suddenly disappeared?

And then their other children????

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

To the contrary, I don't get excited about "bad news".  I just happened to be scrolling thru the titles and clicked this.  I hadn't heard anything about this story and generally don't read stuff like this.  But, frankly, for me, the lesson in this story isn't about abused children; it's about our society and how we choose to IGNORE things we know we shouldn'tThe negligence of adults is nothing to get "excited" about.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

The motto that is and has been circulated as a public address item since 9/11in the NYC area is 

"If you SEE something, SAY something" ( caps are mine ).

Obviously this assumes that some things are conspicuous just by their appearance but ALSO that the community has access to trained listeners who know what to do with information deemed by an informant as "suspicious".

Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Unbelievable story out of Feasterville PA. is all over our news (as I live in PA).

They found 12 children in a home with some creepy guy.

Supposedly an AMISH couple from Lancaster, PA gave the man their 14 yr old to pay off debt when he helped them. So the creep then took advantage of her and fathered 2 children with her. So that equals 3 kids.

Then supposedly they gave him their other 9 children too! So they found 12 children ages 6 months to 18 years with this guy. (But all this is pending ID of the children, because there are no birth certificates for these children and they weren't attending school).

A neighbor lady called police after seeing the children looking sad and fearful at the windows and in the driveway wearing blue dresses. (And she saw this for years, but finally called because she kept having a bad feeling).

PS Other neighbors had asked the man before if those were his kids and he said no he lives alone.

The couple and the man are arrested and in jail and the children are in protective custody.

Oh and the couple who gave their children? Lost their farm and business anyway and were living in a rented farm in Lancaster.

This makes me sick. Its pathetic. And I pray those kids get the help they need, as well as the 18 yr old who fathered 2 kids with him starting at 14!

So no one in the Amish community realized the 14 year old suddenly disappeared?

And then their other children????

Probably not, At 14, they are no longer school age. They could have said she went out of state to live with Amish relatives. They are not big on telling anyone their business, 

Respected Contributor

You're right, @RinaRina!  It's not unusual to read in news stories that people had suspicions about someone who went nuts and killed one or more people.  One of the most recent examples is that the neighbors of those San Bernardino terrorists saw a half dozen men working in the garage late into the night as well as many large packages delivered to the house.  It's odd that we never heard more about this group of men who spent a lot of time at the house working.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm just guessin' here, but I'm willing to bet that @SydneyH is not really your "honey", therefore your use of that term in response to her is condescending and unnecessary, IMO.

I'm pretty sure if you google 'Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows' forums, there's plenty of them out there.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

12 Children Found In Home..... I think those of us who read that title knew that- FINDING 12 children in a home- is not going to be a good thing- not a happy story.  So, as others have asked.....why click on this post if you don't want to read a sad story??

There are horrible things that go on in this world and sometimes it's a release to those who want to express their feelings regarding these sad occurences.  It can also bring awareness-to keep our eyes open when you see things that don't seem right.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Ms X Excellent point, and I wonder if the Media Explosion in recent years has caused  us all to be hyper focused on NEW news, and disinterested in what happened the day before yesterday.

We can only hope that there is some sort of agency surveillance over all of the numerous incidents that have occurred over the past several years.

One would hope that at least some broad patterns would ultimately emerge.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@Ms X Excellent point, and I wonder if the Media Explosion in recent years has caused  us all to be hyper focused on NEW news, and disinterested in what happened the day before yesterday.

We can only hope that there is some sort of agency surveillance over all of the numerous incidents that have occurred over the past several years.

One would hope that at least some broad patterns would ultimately emerge.

That's a GREAT point, @violann!  Do we have more media than ever but not as much meaningful news?  I do wonder what happened with that situation, but we never hear anything. 

Personally, I think they need to deport anyone who is not a citizen who breaks laws in terms of fomenting or fund-raising for terror.  I've seen stories about people in trouble for fund-raising in this way.  Since the news stories have told of the 1,000+ ISIS investigations nationwide, the more they deport people who are DEFINITELY in violation of our laws in this area, the easier it will be for law enforcement to prevent future attacks.  It has to be done carefully, but I suspect that there are people here who might fit into this category.  Narrowing down the pool of people under investigation in this way could be a big help.