Honored Contributor

This is the second day in a row that I've had my driveway plowed. My neighbor did my front walk this AM and I'm so grateful. I swear I used to love snow, but I'm over it. Thank goodness I don't have to go out. You know you're old when you are worried about having a place cleared for the trash and recycling cans. 🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

No plowing again here after the 15" we got a week ago Monday. Now I have been out the last 2 days chopping the ice in our driveway. A lot of sun hits it and if it were smoother I would skate out to our mailbox.

Chopping is a whole lot harder than shoveling powdery snow, even the deep stuff. I use an old type ice chipper that is basically a thick handle with a 8" blade of the bottom of it. With each wack, straight up and down, it vibrates through your hands and arms when it hits concrete.

Now I think I will make another cup of Joe and watch a little TV. Whew!!!!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

No plowing again here after the 15" we got a week ago Monday. Now I have been out the last 2 days chopping the ice in our driveway. A lot of sun hits it and if it were smoother I would skate out to our mailbox.

Chopping is a whole lot harder than shoveling powdery snow, even the deep stuff. I use an old type ice chipper that is basically a thick handle with a 8" blade of the bottom of it. With each wack, straight up and down, it vibrates through your hands and arms when it hits concrete.

Now I think I will make another cup of Joe and watch a little TV. Whew!!!!

hckynut

@hckynut , I don't mind a bit of shoveling, but I need more breaks. I used to shovel the whole driveway, and actually liked it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I shovel my huge driveway and walks, steps, etc. In over 40 years nobody has done it except me. 
  Several years ago I got a Snow Joe snow thrower from QVC. I used it on several inches on the walk and driveway but my VA snow was too wet for it and I shoveled. I'm thankful it rained later to melt the snow. 
  I haven't liked snow since I pulled my ACL away from the bone years ago skiing in powder and had several surgeries. Since I can't ski, I don't like the snow! 

Honored Contributor

We are very happy that we live in a condo and no longer have to think about shoveling, hiring someone to shovel and driving in the white stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

My plow guy was here twice in 24 hours. He will surely have to return tomorrow. He was here twice last week and now my Social Security checks will go directly into his checking account.

Esteemed Contributor

No plowing ever here. It's 80 degrees and sunny.

Respected Contributor

My great neighbors did my sidewalk and drive with snowblowers. It was done at least 3 times. I did a bit of cleanup with athe shovel. The storm finally (I think) took it's last breath and is done. It started here around 1 p.m. Sun. and it's now 4 p.m. Tues. ET. We got a good 30+ inches. Already the local weatherman is saying something is brewing for Sunday. Give us a break. Hope everyone gets cleaned up and stays safe.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, we had to get our handy man to shovel and DH used the machine.  We must've gotten 20 inches.  I say more but we got buried.

Tired of it.... yeah, I was worried about the trash cans so much that DH got tired of hearing that!  LOL!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We got approximately 2 feet since Sunday. Now it is blowing

and drifting.

20210202_153652.jpg