Super Contributor

QVC has n e r v e showing non-American West pieces during an AW show

I'm so annoyed . . first they cut back American West air time today, and then showing non-AW items?  RIDIC!  This is supposed to be the big AW event of the year?  Come on now.  I was expecting to see lots of new on-air . . I have to wait til later tonight I guess.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC has n e r v e showing non-American West pieces during an AW show

Juggie have you decided on the squash yet...I usually watch these shows with my sister ..we'd text back and forth the whole show..she's in NY...today she's at a grad party...so I'm kinda lonely and a little disappointed at the offerings so far...I'm so over SB.....DW
Frequent Contributor

It is annoying they keep showing other vendors sleeping beauty items during a show that was suppose to be devoted to AWJ.  

So far IMO this years July 4th AWJ shows are a bust compared to last year.  I remember last year there were so many amazing new pieces.  I ordered at least 4 items and put a bunch more on my wish list.  There was also lots of chatter not only on here but also the AWJ facebook page with everyone's excitement over all the new items they either ordered or wanted to purchase.

So far nothing has called to me.  I did somewhat like the charm necklace presented during this show.   I wonder if there will be OTO only during the next show today.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Not a lot I'm excited about either. .....I'm thinking about the black leather necklace and bracelet with the silver conchas ... wish they were on easy pay though.
Valued Contributor

I thought Carolyn having to step out of her own show was very odd. Boy, that's a long way from the July 4th shows of the past! Remember when they went to Phoenix? Or the year she and Bill travelled all over the country for inspiration? This is a disappointment after that.

Super Contributor

Nope . . still haven't decided, DW!  I'm sorry you're lonely . . me too . . no other women in my household lol.  But I've been checking out the FB pix of all the ladies watching the show right now - looks like fun.  I'm loving the big 2 stone coral ring and even Jennifer's big domed turq ring . . not sure on that yet, but one of the ladies there tried it on for me and said it's true to size and very nice!

Valued Contributor

And then they wrap her up five minutes early on her show so they can hawk the SB watch?! It just doesn't feel right. Seems rather rude. They must have a huge inventory of those watches.

Respected Contributor

So where are the wonderful pieces we once got on the Fourth from Black Hills?  Have they stopped manufacturing or has QVC just dumped them. It was one of the few items I liked to shop for since DH is from the Dakotas originally and he loves their pieces.

Super Contributor

Hi Perkup . . . we're talking about American West jewelry here. Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

For me, the 2-4 p.m. EST show did not WOW me .... and Ms. Nettle's jewelry on .com is not my cup-of-tea (love when CP got her inspiration from Native Americans, not a country singer).   Perhaps during the airing, JN's line will appeal more. 

Somehow today's 7/4 A.W. celebration on the Q is a sleeper.   Hope everyone enjoys their new pieces that WOWs them!