Respected Contributor

"Beware the Past" mystery, suspense and a huge twist

This book "Beware the Past" by Joy Ellis was difficult to put down and go to sleep.  It is a mystery, suspense and has a huge twist at the ending.  If you love twists, you'll love this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Beware the Past" mystery, suspense and a huge twist

@Big Sister, thanks, will check it out.  LM

Honored Contributor

Sounds like something I'd like.
Honored Contributor

Me, too. Detectives and murrrrrrder. My kinda book.!

Esteemed Contributor

I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister Thanks. Will check it out! Love these type of books!

Honored Contributor

All of her books are rated really high on Goodreads!!!!! Will definitely be checking this author out! Thanks for the recommendation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just put in a request for our libary to order this, I have another one of her books that the libary ordered but it has not come in yet titled Fourth Friend here is the run down from Amazon:

Looking for your next unputdownable mystery? Then try this book by #1 best-selling author Joy Ellis, a mystery full of stunning twists and turns.

FOUR LOST FRIENDS. FOUR TASKS TO COMPLETE. ONE BIG MYSTERY LEFT.

Police detective Carter McLean is the only survivor of a plane crash that kills his four best friends. He returns to work but he is left full of guilt and terrible flashbacks. So for each of his four friends he decides to complete something that they left unfinished.

Eighteen months before the crash, Suzanne Holland disappeared, leaving a room with traces of blood, but no other leads. Suzanne was the wife of one of Carter’s four best friends.

Adding to the pressure, the boss’s niece has a stalker. Due to the sensitivity of the Holland case, Carter is put on this investigation.

DS Marie Evans is the only person Carter can confide in. But even she begins to doubt whether he can really cope and whether he is actually losing his mind.

DI Jackman and DS Evans of the Fenland police face a battle to untangle three mysteries, and can they really believe their friend and colleague Carter?

Full of twists and turns, this is a crime thriller that will keep you turning the pages until the shocking ending.

I have not read this one but it received 4  stars on Amazon, it seems her books are full of Plot twists, so this is another book you might want to consider for your future?

Contributor

Beware the past was a very good read. I just finished The Woman in The Window. It was the best mystery thriller I have read in a very long time. I usually figure out the ending long before the end but with this book I had no clue! Stayed up really late to finish it, had to could not put it down.  If you liked Beware the Past you will love Woman in the Window.