Respected Contributor

need help finding a particular series

A while ago, I had a book that was the first part of a four-book series. It was set in an earlier century and concerned a particular family that was named Castele or something very similar. (It's not by V.C. Andrews--that's the only author I could find online.) The setting might have been in France.

The reason I need information is because someone had lent it to me (which I forgot), and they asked about it. . . I am fairly sure I donated it, so I need to buy another copy.

Does anyone have a clue?

Respected Contributor

Re: need help finding a particular series

Why don't you ask your friend for the name of the book? Tell her that you are looking for it because you really are looking for it. Once you have the name you can Google it and see if it is still in print. I have had good luck finding older books on Ebay.  You can also try asking at the library. The librarians are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Respected Contributor

Carrie Ann, that's probably what I'll have to do.

What makes it extra difficult, though, is that she's a 90-year-old volunteer with a Friends of the Library group. I just saw her yesterday, and she mentioned that I still had one of her books. I knew immediately what she was talking about--I had actually wondered, at one point, what I was doing with a book that didn't really seem interesting to me.

I believe I donated it to a local book sale (horrors).

I'll have to face the music.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2   We all make mistakes and I understand your dilemma...I would hope that she would not be offended  with an apology that you inadvertently placed her book in the donation pile and you are looking to replace it for her.   I find the sooner the better when faced with awkward situations.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Just ask her what book she is speaking of. Ask for the name. Then tell her you are looking for it but if you can't find it you will replace it. Once you know the name of the book replacing should be easy unless it is very very old or rare. Don't stew about this just find out the name of the book and go from there.  Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks, phoenix bird and carrie ann! I will come clean and tell the truth.