Regular Contributor

Just finished reading YELLOW CROCUS by LAILA IBRAHIM.  It is a book that is hard to put down. 

Honored Contributor

@sallyann38, welcome!!!  

If I may make a well-meant suggestion, there is a monthly thread every month that Lainey starts called "What Are You Reading?" and people post there to share what they are reading and to get ideas of what they want to read.  So if you post it there you can let others know about the book and maybe say why it's such a great read.

Just a suggestion.  That's the natural place for your post.  

Super Contributor

Got this synopsis from amazon: 

Moments after Lisbeth is born, she’s taken from her mother and handed over to an enslaved wet nurse, Mattie, a young mother separated from her own infant son in order to care for her tiny charge. Thus begins an intense relationship that will shape both of their lives for decades to come. Though Lisbeth leads a life of privilege, she finds nothing but loneliness in the company of her overwhelmed mother and her distant, slave-owning father. As she grows older, Mattie becomes more like family to Lisbeth than her own kin and the girl’s visits to the slaves’ quarters—and their lively and loving community—bring them closer together than ever. But can two women in such disparate circumstances form a bond like theirs without consequence? This deeply moving tale of unlikely love traces the journey of these very different women as each searches for freedom and dignity.

Sounds good - thanks for the recommendation!

Honored Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

Just finished reading YELLOW CROCUS by LAILA IBRAHIM.  It is a book that is hard to put down. 

I read it a while ago-first I had to suggest that my library buy it, which they finally did. I liked it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

This book was offered as a free Kindle book about a year ago, and I grabbed it. It's been downloaded for that long but I forgot I had it until now. 

I really wanted to read it, so I think it's time. Thanks sallyann38, for the reminder!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I have it in my Kindle list and will read it soon.  Thanks for the reminder.

Esteemed Contributor

I finished "The Kind Worth Killing".... Excellent read and couldn't put it down.  I also finished "Twisted".  Another great book but not as good a the other one.  I Love psychological thrillers....

I will read "The Girl with a Clock for a Heart" next, although I still have the Jon Benet Ramsey book and the other one about the plane crash... So many books, so little time.....

Valued Contributor

wel will read that on my kindle. thanks

Super Contributor

I actually like the title of this thread. So, post on!  Ruby

Respected Contributor

Based on this thread, I downloaded it on my Kindle and started reading. I am still in the beginning, but it is really taking me in. Ordinarily, I don't read fiction, but I have had some wonderful recommendations from this topic. "Molakai" was one of the best pieces of fiction I have read in years. It is positively haunting- it's not a book you will soon forget.