Regular Contributor

this is a fantastic book in my opinion.  Hope you read it and feel the same way.

WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING by DELIA OWENS.

Honored Contributor

I recently got a sample of it on my Kindle and it looks very good.

Respected Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

this is a fantastic book in my opinion.  Hope you read it and feel the same way.

@sallyann38  I looked up the book and it looks good.  I put it on waitlist. 

I'd like to suggest that you put the title of the book in your headline.  Maybe more posters would open the thread if they knew what book you are referencing.  It looks really good and more people should be aware of it, in my opinion.  You might also mention it in the monthly thread, "what are you reading."

Valued Contributor

I saw it on Amazon and thought it sounded interesting.  My library has it in processing so I have it on hold.

Esteemed Contributor

@sallyann38, just looked at this in Goodreads for the storyline.  Rated 4.56! Sounds good.  I used to be able to copy and paste from that site but no more.  A coming of age story.  Thanks for posting.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@sallyann38, just looked at this in Goodreads for the storyline.  Rated 4.56! Sounds good.  I used to be able to copy and paste from that site but no more.  A coming of age story.  Thanks for posting.  LM

hi @Lilysmom - I'm not positive but I think this is one of Reese Witherspoon's selections from her book club. If so, I can understand the 4.56 rating! She is very popular and I'd imagine any book she recommends is going to fly off the shelves.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I am currently reading Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.

Honored Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

OP, just a suggestion, it would help to put the title of the book in the subject.  Hope you take it as its meant, constructive criticism.

It's a bestseller on the NY Times list and Amazon Charts.  I'm overbooked (pun intended) but I will get to it, it looks great.

Valued Contributor

Anniebaby, I posted on the regular "what are you reading this month" thread about this book. I just read it and enjoyed it very much.  It did remind me of another book (???) I read about a girl growing up alone.  Anyway, I read it straight through, so that means I was intrigued!

Valued Contributor

@CLEM..I read it when it first came out, as we live close to where th book was set..Tom Hanks was actually in Middletown a few days ago, getting ready to start filming sometime in next few months,

we thought 99% of his book was accurate for location, characters, stores, etc..should be a fun watch someday.

hope you enjoy his book..