Esteemed Contributor

I have discovered a love for who-dun-it books.

I prefer detective on a case type books. No  torture, and no rape, but a keep-you-guessing  mystery.

I like contemporary setting.

Can anybody recommend any books that fit that bill?

Many thanks in advance!😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Right now I am in the middle of Walk the Wire by David Baldacci.

He has a lot of books and they are a quick, interesting read.  Sort of beach book detective types.

Holding my interest past bedtime 😩

Trusted Contributor

I like those types of mysteries also.  I don't care for the gorey details. I'd be interested in recommendations also.

Honored Contributor

David Rosenfeld 

Harlan Coban 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Done It Books

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I have discovered a love for who-dun-it books.

I prefer detective on a case type books. No  torture, and no rape, but a keep-you-guessing  mystery.

I like contemporary setting.

Can anybody recommend any books that fit that bill?

Many thanks in advance!😊

I found this book many years ago in a book store.

It is called "The Suspicions of Mr Whicher " by Kate Summerscale.The crime takes place in Victorian England .

Reviews  " A shocking murder and the undoing of a great Victorian detective".  " Brilliant ... exposes the dark secrets of the Victorian middle-class home."

"It is not just a dark, true- crime story,it is the story of the birth of forensic science ."

Super Contributor

I second David Baldacci -- he's terrific.  Marcia Muller writes a female detective series set in current day San Francisco.  The series probably started about two decades ago and the books are quite good.  I went back to the beginning and read them all in order and its interesting to see how the character grows and also the writing grows over time.  Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman, J. A. Jance, David Housewright, Linda Castello, B. A. Paris, Shari Lapena, Liv Constantine, Riley Sagar, Karin Slaughter, Linda Fairchild, David Baldacci, Joy Fielding, Lee Child, J. D. Robb, David Rosenfelt, Alafair Burke