Honored Contributor

Re: Where the Crawdads Sing

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw  I had never even heard of this book till I read about it on the Book Club thread. I'm a mystery-thriller girl! But I decided to read it. Had to reserve it of course and when it came I tentatively started reading it thinking what have I got myself into. Well, from the start, it had my interest. Before I knew it I was really into it. The little girl had me. And it continued. If you don't like it from the beginning, you probably won't like it. That's all I can think of to tell you. But why not try it? You can always return it.womanhappyy:

Respected Contributor

I had this reserved at the library and couldn't wait to read it.   Never quite got into it so returned it in a couple of days.   Might try again at a later date.

Respected Contributor

It is still so popular our Book Club can't secure enough copies from the area libraries for us. I read it last summer.

Frequent Contributor

I did not like it at all.

Trusted Contributor
I absolutely loved it! Hated to reach the end! 5 stars, IMO!
Respected Contributor

It is not a quick read as someone said.  It is slooooow!!!!!!!!!  I was bored.  It was a good book and a good story it was just so slow to get to the point

Respected Contributor

Re: Where the Crawdads Sing

[ Edited ]

I loved this book and that little girl is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters.  I'm an avid reader and this book is in my Top 5 for this year. 

Respected Contributor

I especially loved this book because it was not fast-paced. I had time to luxuriate in the exquisite writing.

A masterpiece.

Esteemed Contributor

I read it after a friend recommended it.  I enjoyed it. 

Keepin' it real.
Regular Contributor

Yep and just posted it as my Favorite Book of the Year (2019).

I think its one of the those love it or hate it books as I've seen it on a Worst list too.

I thought it was exquisite.