Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was your VERY Favorite Book of 2019?

@sunala , my problem is I never keep a list of what I have read so I keep wondering to myself...did I read this in 2019 or before🙄.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  I never remember what I read this year vs last year, either.  I have to go to Goodreads to look it up.  Sometimes I even have to look up how many stars I gave a book.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smoky22 wrote:

@Lilysmom  I never remember what I read this year vs last year, either.  I have to go to Goodreads to look it up.  Sometimes I even have to look up how many stars I gave a book.  

@smoky22 , I don't even record what I have read on Goodreads.  I will have to start doing that especially since I am so bad with titles.  

I have a book on Winston Churchill's wife (Clementine is her name I think) that I have a suspicion I have read already.  Good thing I source most of my books from the library...

I would take a stab in the dark and say Stephen King's Duma Key or The Outsider would be in my top ten list.  LM

Regular Contributor

Hmmm, I've read quite a few great books this year.  I'd have to go look at my list on LibraryThing to get a complete list of my 4 and 5 star ratings.  But 2 that stand out in my mind without going to look are ones I read right at the beginning of the year in January.

'Where The Crawdads Sing' and 'Once Upon a River'.  Both Fiction.

Non-Fiction is 'The Honey Bus'.

Respected Contributor

@mrssweetiebear  I loved all three books you mentioned, but most especially Once Upon A River.  I read it at the end of last year or it would certainly have been on my list this year. 

Trusted Contributor

My favorite book I read in 2019 was The Story of Arthur Truluv. I remember seeing this recommended several times here on the board but I kept putting off reading it. Then I started it and couldn't put it down. After finishing it, the characters stayed in my head for days. It was such a touching story. Thank you to all who have mentioned this book because I doubt I would have read it without all of your comments on it! 

I found a great new-to-me mystery series - the Mercy Kilpatrick FBI series by Kendra Elliot. This was a series of 6 books that I eagerly read 1 book then right away put the rest of the series on hold at my local library. It's been a while since a series caught my attention like this one did. It has a strong smart lead female character and solid cast of coworkers/friends. This would be my favorite series of 2019. I hope I can be lucky and find another great mystery series for 2020!!

Honored Contributor

I read purely for enjoyment and don't keep track of what I read so it is difficult for me to come up with a fiction book but the best nonfiction book I read this year was Elderhood by Louise Aronson.

Honored Contributor

This book is revolutionary if one is seeking Financial Independence, one of the best reads of the year for me imo.............

Honored Contributor

Qualityland (out in January) - #1 fave

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes and Other Lessons from the Crematory

This Much Country

Where the Crawdads Sing

Adding:

Himself by Jess Kidd, my #2 favorite this year

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori , just requested Himself.  Thanks!  LM