Respected Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? May 2019

I'm reading Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci.  It's good , not great.  Book 1 in a new series:  Atlee Pine is the main character's name.

Respected Contributor

I just finished "Winter in Paradise" by Elin Hilderbrand.  It is the first book in a trilogy.  Enjoyed this book and I think it will be an interesting series.

Also this week I have read Harlan Coban's "Run Away" about a family's desparate attempt to save their drug addicted daughter.  Several surprises in this book.

I am just about finished with Sally Field's book "In Pieces" and will finish it tonight.  Although I have always liked her, I find this book hard to get interested in and will be glad when I can finish and start a more interesting book.  Next on my list to read is "The Mother-in-law" by Sally Hepworth.  This is a new author for me.

I will be returning the 3 books I have finished to the library and pick up 2 I have on Hold.  "Collusion" by Newt Gingrich and "The 18th Abduction" by James Patterson (a Women's Murder Club book).  I have gotten tired of James Patterson books but I do still enjoy the Women's Murder Club series.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining   This book sounds intriging.  I am going to reserve it at the library.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Trusted Contributor

Princess Alice by Stephanie Marie Thornton.  About Alice Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt’s oldest daughter.  Very good!

Trusted Contributor

I am just starting today "Black is The Body Stories from My Grandmother's Time, My Mothers' Time, and Mine" by Emily Bernard.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Next Person You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom it was definitely different, but I enjoyed it, as I have his other books.

Honored Contributor

I just finished a few minutes ago BEFORE WE WERE YOURS, it was really good and a bit of a tearjerker at the end, but a very good book....

Next up is THE LYING GAME, by Ruth Ware!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished The Next Person You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom it was definitely different, but I enjoyed it, as I have his other books.

@CareBears . I just read this a few weeks ago. different, but I really enjoyed it too....

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Boy by Tami Hoag.  It was a really good read-- smart, thrilling, and kept me guessing until the end.

Regular Contributor

Whew! Now that I have read all the Game of Thrones books in publication I am back to my TBR list :-)  I am reading Connections in Death by JD Robb, the latest in the In Death series; and Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson, a YA novel about a young girl accused of murder.