Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? APRIL 2017

The Blood Forest (The Tree of Ages Series Book 3) by Sara C Roethle comes out on April 4th and I have it preordered. So that's what I'm reading next. 
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I just finished SMALL GREAT THINGS by Jodi Picoult. Such a surprise ending. This is one of the best books I have read in a while. Now to find my next book.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET I just started "Behind Closed Doors" this morning and have "Breakdown" requested! 

Esteemed Contributor

@AndiCat wrote:

I just finished SMALL GREAT THINGS by Jodi Picoult. Such a surprise ending. This is one of the best books I have read in a while. Now to find my next book.

@AndiCat- I just read today that they are going to make a movie of this excellent book!

This is one movie I know I will want to see. I'm already thinking of which actors will portray the characters. Any ideas?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

I am so glad to hear about a movie. I can see Viola Davis as Ruth. I will have to think about the other rolls.

Thank you @sunala for letting me know and welcoming me here.

Esteemed Contributor

@AndiCat Viola Davis would be perfect in this role!

Regular Contributor

Commonwealth by Ann Patchett

Anything Is Possible by Elizabeth Strout (available at end of April)

Honored Contributor

The Lottery by Patricia Wood is charming book.  I don't know where I heard about this - it may have been on this forum. 

"Lottery is a novel about the nature of luck and chance. Perry's IQ is only 76, but he's not stupid. His Gram taught him everything he needs to know to survive: She taught him to write things down so he won't forget them. She taught him to play the lottery every week. And most important, she taught him whom to trust." "When Gram dies, Perry is left bereft at the age of thirty-one. Then his weekly Washington State Lottery ticket wins him $12 million, and he finds he has more family than he knows what to do with - and his luck has very much changed. Lottery will leave readers wondering until the last page whether Perry's good fortune can possibly withstand such a perilous world. But never underestimate Perry L. Crandall."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne I just finished this book not too long ago, it was a good book wasn't it? , I had written a reveiw after finishing it, but I am almost positive it had been reviewed here as well before I read it, so many excellent recommendations on this Forum!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

The Lottery by Patricia Wood is charming book.  I don't know where I heard about this - it may have been on this forum. 

"Lottery is a novel about the nature of luck and chance. Perry's IQ is only 76, but he's not stupid. His Gram taught him everything he needs to know to survive: She taught him to write things down so he won't forget them. She taught him to play the lottery every week. And most important, she taught him whom to trust." "When Gram dies, Perry is left bereft at the age of thirty-one. Then his weekly Washington State Lottery ticket wins him $12 million, and he finds he has more family than he knows what to do with - and his luck has very much changed. Lottery will leave readers wondering until the last page whether Perry's good fortune can possibly withstand such a perilous world. But never underestimate Perry L. Crandall."

@DiAnne you might have heard about it from me, since I posted about it as soon as I read the last page and raved about it.

OMG how I loved this book!!!  I read it about a month ago and Perry is still living in my head. The book was filled with such love and kindness (and some evil, of course). I LOVED PERRY L. CRANDALL Heart

I hope everyone on this board reads this book and loves it as much as we did! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett