Trusted Contributor

I have a Kindle.  When I go to my library of books, some books have "READ" in the upper right corner.  Does this mean I have read the book or that I haven't read it?  I have looked at the synopsis of some of the books marked this way and I can't remember if I have read them or not.  Do you know?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

LOL.  I sometimes forget that I have read a book.  So, years ago, I decided to do a Word document and list every book I have read.  I start with the year, then list each book with author for every month.  That way, I can go back and do a "FIND" search to see if I have read a certain book.  I have had to use the FIND feature many times!  Maybe this would be a helpful task for you to do.

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

You have already read this title from cover to cover.  

Super Contributor

You can use the Goodreads app to track your books.

Respected Contributor

Thanks. I learned something. I have had a kindle for 5 years but I have never purchased a single book - I always download from the library. So I don't have anything in my "library" of books on my kindle. So now I will know if I ever do buy a book.

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian,

Love your idea as I cannot remember what books I have read.

My former library used to keep a running history of what books we borrowed.  So convenient for meWoman Wink

The library in my new hometown does not do that.  We have a "My Lists" in our account, so I have begun listing them there instead of books I want to read.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

LOL.  I sometimes forget that I have read a book.  So, years ago, I decided to do a Word document and list every book I have read.  I start with the year, then list each book with author for every month.  That way, I can go back and do a "FIND" search to see if I have read a certain book.  I have had to use the FIND feature many times!  Maybe this would be a helpful task for you to do.

@maximillian - My mom read constantly. I can't remember seeing her without a book nearby. She would write the date she finished on the inside cover of every book she read ( that she owned). Of course this was years before Kindle or Nook or any other e-reader!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have my list in a steno pad tablet, a few words as to what it was about, then I give it a star rating 1 to 5.