Esteemed Contributor

HAPPY NEW YEAR - JANUARY 2021 CLOSED!!

[ Edited ]

This thread is now closed. Please visit our new February thread to share your book experiences. Happy reading!

Happy JANUARY 2021 to all our readers.HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Please share what you're currently reading, what you liked and what you didn't, and share them with us so we can enjoy them too.

Sending prayers to everyone here for a happy new year, and for good health. Take good care of yourselves and read a lot of wonderful books.

Happy Reading and a happy and HEALTHY JANUARY 2021 to all.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - JANUARY 2021 WELCOME READERS!!

[ Edited ]

Good morning @sunala .  Thank you for managing the Book Club thread for us.  Sending best wishes your way for 2021!  S aka Lilysmom 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

Good morning @sunala .  Thank you for managing the Book Club thread for us.  Sending best wishes your way fir 2021!  S aka Lilysmom 

@Lilysmom1aka Lilysmom you're very welcome! I'm so glad to be doing it every month. It helps me as well, since even if I don't read the posts every day, I still have to keep track of what's going on here.

It's always wonderful to see you as well, and wishing you a happy and HEALTHY 2021! xoxox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and Happy New Year to my fellow readers.

I have just finished Deeper Than The Dead by Tami Hoag, and I have found a new author.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fast paced book.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus , you lucky girl!  She is a great author.  You have many good reads ahead!  S aka Lilysmom

Super Contributor

Happy New Year everyone.  

Sadly, I just bailed on book a couple of hours ago.  Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cheeton.  I was struggling to keep interest.  Then at page 146 I decided I can't keep forcing myself to read this.  

I'm currently listening to The Genius of Birds, by Jennifer Ackerman. Just 3 hours in and liking.

Will start The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher tonight. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished To Tell You The Truth by Gilly MacMillan, very interesting book!  Lucy is a million published author who has  a child Make believe friend as the heroin of her novels, but even as an adult she finds herself still speaking to her as if she was a real person.  A mystery from Lucy;s past has never been solved, but the painful memories force her to take a conscious effort to bring answers, along with her make believe childhood friend some answers are brought forward, but will it be the end of their friendship?

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty45 You absolutely didn't miss anything not finishing Havana.  I guess that author is a romance writer, not historical fiction.  I'm not sure I've ever read a book like it - where everything exciting happens off-narrative and you just hear about it.  I didn't learn and read the sequel. A complete letdown.

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished To Tell You The Truth by Gilly MacMillan, very interesting book!  Lucy is a million published author who has  a child Make believe friend as the heroin of her novels, but even as an adult she finds herself still speaking to her as if she was a real person.  A mystery from Lucy;s past has never been solved, but the painful memories force her to take a conscious effort to bring answers, along with her make believe childhood friend some answers are brought forward, but will it be the end of their friendship?

@CareBears  I actually had an invisible friend as a child so this book sounds very intriguing to me. I will have to put it on my TBR list. Thank you.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy New Year everyone.

I just finished my first book of the year.  The Girl With The Silver Star by Rachel Zolotov.  I won it on a book group on FB.  It's based on her great-grandparents life in Belarus and how her great-grandfather was off to war and how she traveled wide and far with her 2 daughters to get away from the Nazis.  I've read novels like this and now I've read how they lived by traveling from city to city with horrific conditions. 

Not sure what is next.