Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? DECEMBER 2019

@dawg lover wrote:

My most recent reads were:

CRISS CROSS by James Patterson (Alex Cross mystery series)

THE OLD SUCCESS by Martha Grimes (Richard Jury mystery series)

INVITATION ONLY MURDER by Leslie Meier (Lucy Stone mystery series)

All were good, but none was great.

Next up is "SPY" by Danielle Steel.

@Judaline - I enjoyed "TRACKING GAME" by Margaret Mizushima.  Robo the dog is so cute.  Loves when he does his happy dance!

I love him, too. I wrote to her once and asked if Robo would die in any of her books ('cause I can't stand it!) and I loved her answer: "Not on my watch." I'm waiting anxiously for the new one-don't think the library has it yet but I'm second on the list to get it. Yea!!!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Christmas......................Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock is timely. I loved this book so much. It's just a little book. Try and read it.

Valued Contributor

The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer.Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

The Women of the Copper Country by Mary Doria Russell.

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer.Woman Happy

You know religious or not .. Joyce just seems to make a lot of sense .....

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Eighteen Winters by Joanne Demaio, I hated to see the story end!  Addison Connecticut is a town described so beautifully it is like a town wrapped up in a snowglobe and when it snows, that snowglobe is shaken up, I am ready to move there and never look back.  It has a sweet love story that tugs at your heart, sad parts, and beauty of Christmas all around. I loved it!

Next up Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackdom. will post when I finish!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren. This was different from my usual wheel house of books that I like to read. I guess you would call it Chick literature. It sort of reminded me of a Liane Moriarty book. The book was amusing and a light easy read.

I am not sure what I am going to read next. I have Nora Roberts latest release "The Rise of the Magicks" on hold at the library, and then I have a few books around the house. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

I have been a reading machine this year because my t.v went kaput & I haven't replaced it.  I not going to replace it anytime soon.

Fix her up by Tess Bailey (romance)

A Wolf called Wander by Rosanne Parry. (middlegrade)

Blue Moon by Lee Child. (Jack Reacher # 24)

Endurance by Alfred Lansing (non-fiction. Shackleford's journey to Antartica)

The Whispering Muse by Sjon (translated from Icelandic)

The Magnificent Spinster by May Sarton

Your House will Pay by Steph Cha (mystery)

The Artifcial Silk Girl by Irmgard Keun (translated from German)

Ask again, yes by Mary Beth Keane

Out of Darkness by Petina Gappah ( the story of Dr Livingston's body being tranferred from Africa to England)

@kitty45  - did you enjoy Blue Moon by Lee Child? I have it on my Kindle from the library but haven't gotten to it yet. Is it a Jack Reacher book? I love reading about Jack, the man whose hands are as big as dinner plates lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

I'm almost finished with "About Grace", the first novel by Anthony Doerr whose 2nd novel "All the Light We Cannot See" was widely acclaimed and hugely popular.  I know I loved it.

"About Grace" should have been titled "About Water" or "About Dreams or Premonitions".  Anyway it good if also a bit strange.  Not quite the caliber of ATLWCS but excellent writing and intriguing story.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Murder on the Road (An Italian Village Mystery Book 1) by Adriana Licio.  The main charcter, Gio, a travel writer, returns to her home town of Maratea, Italy, after leaving London and her former fiance. If you are a mystery reader and looking for a new series, this one is very good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!