Respected Contributor

Re: ~~WHAT ARE YOU READING? JULY 2018~~

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.  I still have about 100 pages to the end, so no spoilers, please.  Has anyone else read this book?  Thumbs-up or thumbs-down?  I have a good opinion of it, but like I said, the ending looms!

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.  I still have about 100 pages to the end, so no spoilers, please.  Has anyone else read this book?  Thumbs-up or thumbs-down?  I have a good opinion of it, but like I said, the ending looms!

It's another dual timeline book where one works a lot better than the other one.  The 1917 story is riveting.  The 1947 story is completely contrived (in my opinion) and I found "the little problem" mentioned a little too much. I think the 1917 story is based on real events.  If you like it so far, you're probably going to love it.   

Super Contributor

@sunala

Never heard of him, but now that you mentioned him I am going to look his books up. I enjoy recommendations, thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I am half way thru Clock Dance by Anne Tyler.  After seeing several local book clubs have this on their TBR list, I thought I was going to be knocked off my feet.  Not so far.  Maybe the 2nd half will!

Honored Contributor

Caught in time by Julie McElwain;   bk.3

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Finished James Patterson's Private Princess. It was really good. I really like his "Private" Series. It was very good, read quickly and moved along quickly with nice short chapters which I love......I am now going to read- THE OPPOSITE OF ME by Sarah Pekkanen.....I am taking a little break from Thrillers!!!!!!  lol!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finished James Patterson's Private Princess. It was really good. I really like his "Private" Series. It was very good, read quickly and moved along quickly with nice short chapters which I love......I am now going to read- THE OPPOSITE OF ME by Sarah Pekkanen.....I am taking a little break from Thrillers!!!!!!  lol!

When your break is done if you have not read the BA Paris Bring Me Back then do so first thing @CANDLEQUEEN.  Boy that was a good one.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012. I did read it! It was excellent. I loved it!!!! My break won't be too long though, because I have some thrillers waiting for me.....lol.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is now closed for posting.

Please see August thread. It's ready and waiting for you.

Happy reading to everyone, and happy August!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@maximillian - Thanks for recommending this book.  I just put it on hold at our library.