Regular Contributor

Two Great Books and One Very Disappointing

[ Edited ]

I just finished The Good Girl and The Silent Child.  I could not put them down.  Then I started one by one of my favorite authors -- James Patterson -- and I hate it.  It's Diary of a Succubus.  Had I looked up the meaning of Succabus, I would have known not to buy it.  Oh well............  But give the other two a read -- they are psychological thrillers and fabulous.

Honored Contributor

Re: Two Great Books and One Very Disappointing

Yep, I just looked it up and think I'd pass on it too.  He must have found that word and just knew he had to write a book. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I used to look forward to new releases by James Patterson.  Now I don't even bother.  Most are co-written by someown else and he has branched out into subjects I'm not interested in.  Even the Alex Cross books I used to love are not that good lately.

Honored Contributor

I make it a point never to read anything with GIRL in the title. Thanks, anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

I make it a point never to read anything with GIRL in the title. Thanks, anyway.

@Judaline- you made me laugh out loud! All the "girl" books confuse me as well. And, if they're compared to Gone Girl, no thanks I'll pass!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@travelin grandma   I am now reading "Silent Child" as you recommended and I am almost finished.  I am enjoying it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline, ahaha, I agree ... a la Girl on the Train, Girl in Cabin 10 blah blah.

LM

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I used to look forward to new releases by James Patterson.  Now I don't even bother.  Most are co-written by someown else and he has branched out into subjects I'm not interested in.  Even the Alex Cross books I used to love are not that good lately.

I gave up on him years ago when he started with his co-authors.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

Oh my, me too.   I read Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train and hated both of them.   I made that my rule going forward too.  I even include 'woman' in that after reading the Woman in Cabin 10.  Hated it too.

Honored Contributor

LOVED Gone GIrl; hated the one on the train!  LOL!