Honored Contributor

Took a trip down memory lane of Danielle Steel books

I loved the Belva Plain books I had read but realized the t.v. movies of Danielle Steel books too. I do remember 3 stories I liked of hers. Jewels, No Greater Love and Crossings. I gotta get back to some of those again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Took a trip down memory lane of Danielle Steel books

Hi QG, I usually enjoy the Danielle Steel books as well. I remember No Greater Love too, that was about the Titanic and was very good. I have her new book here, Undercover, but I have been too busy all weekend to read it! I like the foreign locales and the fabulous hotels, clothes, and jewels she describes. Nothing educational about them, but they are a fun read.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Yes, these are great books.  I love this type of stuff.  It's a great escape!  Also, Maeve Binchy was my absolute favorite in the world.  I used to get totally lost in her stories and felt like I knew the characters.  It was a tremendous loss to the literary world when she passed.  I am currently getting back to Mary Higgins Clark books also.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I still miss Belva Plain.  I have so many of her paperbacks then when I caught up her hardback books.  She was quite the writer.  I have same of both of Daniel but I quit buying hers years ago and just check out the newest from my library.  Her writing style is the same as it was when I was in my twenties and now that I am in my fifties I get it a bit tired of her writing that all the main characters repeatedly be said "still look good."  In every book all through out.  But she is mainstay so I continue to put her newest on my hold list to read.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have read most of Danielle's books and my favorites were:

1. The Long Road Home

2.Now and Forever

3.Passion's Promise

4.A Perfect Stranger

5. Fine Things!

I also loved Belva Plain's books, my favorite was Whispers and another of my old favorites were Helen Van Slyke and Sidney Sheldon!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Since reading one of her first books I have not cared for any the others. And yes I have TRIED reading a few others. Too,too many cliches--tears streaming down her face, little one and I could go on.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man