Respected Contributor

Not many new messages on the Book Club site!

Have you readers noticed it, also?  I go to the site every day to see what book is recommended, and there isn't much there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Not many new messages on the Book Club site!

Well then, for those mentioned, super appreciation!! They'll find their way home.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Well then, for those mentioned, super appreciation!! They'll find their way home.

I know I should post more often, especially since we fought so hard for our own separate Book Club. I'm seeing that there are just about as many book posts as always. It also seems like we have some new posters. 

Perhaps we need some more topics besides this one? I wouldn't mind having individual book posts for a particular book we've loved (or hated), and why we feel that way. We used to do that, but somehow we don't anymore. I'm all for it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I agree with Sunny that we could use more threads in this forum. Focusing on a particular book is a good idea (I should have done that for Sue Grafton's latest).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got 2 sack loads of books at the book sale yesterday. The most were cookbooks, which I go through like novels. But I got one called Near-Death experiences, P.M.H. Atwater. But I'm already trying to read THE WILD TRUTH by Carine McCandles. Her brother Chris died of starvation in Alaska. She's putting more on the table with background. The others I got were:

IN MY TIME by ****** Cheney

THINGS THAT MATTER Charles Krauthammer

(For my husband) KILLING LINCOLN Bill O'Reilly

ALL THAT IS BITTER & SWEET Ashley Judd

THE KEY IS LOVE Marie Osmond

This will take me all winter at least. I'll also be doing a hook rug, cooking, adult coloring books, and all my newest cookbooks. Oh and my fur baby caring, kissing and playing. So this retirement is gonna kill me, but what a way to go. LOL Good luck Sunla, I'm sure it'll pick up again. Almost forgot my brother just dropped off 3 for me to read too.

Honored Contributor

There was a time when the subject of 'cozy mysteries' came up and I was hoping that thread would keep running for a long time, but it fizzeled out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

There was a time when the subject of 'cozy mysteries' came up and I was hoping that thread would keep running for a long time, but it fizzeled out. 

AuntG, so start one now! I'm not even sure what a cozy mystery is, but I know there are several readers here who enjoy them. 

We've got to work on this board to make it work for our enjoyment! 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Hi @AuntG

I like a cozy mystery from time to time.

I enjoyed the India Ink (pen name) books of her "Bath and Body" series.

I also liked Melanie Jackson's Chloe Boston series. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I agree with Sunny that we could use more threads in this forum. Focusing on a particular book is a good idea (I should have done that for Sue Grafton's latest).

Do it now! It's never too late Smiley Very Happy