Trusted Contributor

The Woman in the Window...Wow!

Has anyone read the new novel The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn? I could NOT put it down. It's the first of the Gone Girl-type books that I actually loved. Unreliable narrator, great psychotherapy references, and actual dialogue from classic Film Noir movies from the 40s and 50s. I highly recommend it!
Soon to be a movie...read it before they ruin it onscreen! 😊
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Woman in the Window...Wow!

@MarnieRez3

I've heard good things about this book and have it up next to read on my Kindle. I can't wait to read it! So glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.

p.s.  Lucky you.  I so wish I was 'GoinBacktoCali' too. 

Super Contributor

@MarnieRez3

Just read this book a week or so ago.....I loved it as well. I think I read in just a couple of days over a rainy weekend. 

Valued Contributor

@MarnieRez3  Ditto!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Oh @itsmetoo...I am SO jealous you get to read it! You will love it! And massive thanks to @ajewell22 for the recommendation!
PS Come visit! 💙❤💙
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 you have said it perfectly.  I loved it as well. I thought the writing was brilliant. I would not compare it to any of those books people like to compare it to.  It's in a class by itself.  To me, it was so much more than a psychological thriller.  And yes, I loved all the classic movie references.

Trusted Contributor

@Jewel22 deserves all credit and thanks...I read her recommendation of "The Woman in the Window" right here in the Forums! Book Lovers Rock! ☺
Trusted Contributor

@smoky22...it IS in a class by itself...you are right! I was all smug and self-satisfied thinking I had figured it all out mid-way...Hahaha...Wow, was I WRONG! The plot twists kept coming and coming. And, I agree...really terrific and intelligent writing.
I don't want to ruin the book for other readers, but you know what I mean! 😅
Respected Contributor

I’m glad you all liked the book. I have another that you might like, The Wife by Alafair Burke. Very timely topic. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the book...and i have to say it did keep my interest...but i think i am one of the few people to started rolling my eyes when she DRANK every five minutes in the story....and popping the pills...........felt there were quite a few unrealistic scenes within the book....won't go into

them ....don't want to spoil it for anyone .............but i also

felt the descriptions of things could have been shorter..they seemed to go on and on......so the book was OK to me...but not one of the best i have read lately.......i did read the reviews on Good Reads before reading it and i saw a poster mention it may be made into a movie...i think a movie of this story would be so much better.....and i would want to see it...