Honored Contributor

Just finished this book by Grisham. Enjoyed it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Contributor

I did too.  I have enjoyed the majority of John Grisham books.  Have you read Camino Island?

Frequent Contributor

Could not get into Camino island, but Gray Mountain is my favorite Grisham novel. Absolutely ‘took me away!’  Looking forward to reading rooster bar. 

Respected Contributor

I liked it too.   I thought it was a good story and also just plain fun to read.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Just finished this book by Grisham. Enjoyed it.

@Group 5 minus 1.  I will check it out. Have you read "Calico Joe"?

Trusted Contributor

sugar22, I have read all of Grisham's books.I also did not enjoy either Rooster Bar or Camino Island. I wonder if to many books are written because of his contracts with book companies. Some of his books have been great (A Time To Kill) others a waste of time. Love a good book. Have you read Karin Slaughter or Faye Kellerman.? Excellent. Heartbroken when I read Sue Grafton had died. Was looking forward to her last book, Z. Sooy for my rambling.

Respected Contributor

I am new to him and The Rooster Bar was my first and loved it I just finished Camino Island and it was fantastic.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

sugar22, I have read all of Grisham's books.I also did not enjoy either Rooster Bar or Camino Island. I wonder if to many books are written because of his contracts with book companies. Some of his books have been great (A Time To Kill) others a waste of time. Love a good book. Have you read Karin Slaughter or Faye Kellerman.? Excellent. Heartbroken when I read Sue Grafton had died. Was looking forward to her last book, Z. Sooy for my rambling.

I thought those two books were fantastic!

Esteemed Contributor

I've read almost every John Grisham book and loved most of them, going way back to The Firm.

Guess what? I thought I didn't like Camino Island, but when I just looked it up, I realized I never read it! I was getting it mixed up with a new Nelson DeMille book, The Cuban Affair, which I couldn't get into at all.

So...it's time to put Camino Island back on my list! I'm glad some of you enjoyed it. I think I will too.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, and I reallly enjoyed The Rooster Bar, and recommend it highly. 

It's really odd about that, because when I was done reading it, I gave it 3 stars because I liked it but didn't really love it. But as time went on, I kept thinking about it and I realized I REALLY enjoyed it!

Does that ever happen to you?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett