I am currently re-reading one of my favorite books: "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See.  This time I'm listening to it via a recorder thanks to the Library for the Blind & Hndicpd.  Since coming down w/MS it eventualy became impossible for me to hold paperback books.  This book takes place in old world China about two girls who were brought together by their similarities that would carry them through life.  It give you life, love, history, family and so much more.  One of those books I enjoyed so much that I read using my hands twice and now listening to now that I can't.  What makes a good book a GREAT STORY is one that you can read THREE times and the last gives you the same satisfaction & enjoyment as the first!  I've read other books by Lisa See also very good, but this one will always be closest to my heart & soul. 

Honored Contributor

I'll add this author to my book list. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pebbles61 wrote:

I am currently re-reading one of my favorite books: "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See.  This time I'm listening to it via a recorder thanks to the Library for the Blind & Hndicpd.  Since coming down w/MS it eventualy became impossible for me to hold paperback books.  This book takes place in old world China about two girls who were brought together by their similarities that would carry them through life.  It give you life, love, history, family and so much more.  One of those books I enjoyed so much that I read using my hands twice and now listening to now that I can't.  What makes a good book a GREAT STORY is one that you can read THREE times and the last gives you the same satisfaction & enjoyment as the first!  I've read other books by Lisa See also very good, but this one will always be closest to my heart & soul. 

@Pebbles61 how wonderful that you've found a way to read your books! I thought I read a book by Lisa See, but it turns out it was Carolyn See. But I do have a few of Lisa See's books on my TBR list.

I rarely read a book twice, let alone three times (except for The Good Earth, which I've read many many times over the years). How nice that you can read the same book over again and receive so much enjoyment!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett