Valued Contributor

Has anyone read The  Woman In Cabin 10?  What did you think of it?  I just borrowed it.

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx. It was ok. Kind of convaluted at times, and for me kind of hard to get into, but it was an ok book.

I just won a copy of her newest The Death of Mrs. Westway from Goodreads, can't wati to get that one..

You should read it for yourself, because a lot of people did really like it. For me it was an ok book......

Trusted Contributor

I agree with @CANDLEQUEEN - just okay for me too.  I get tired of these heroines that drink too much and are their own worst enemy.  I know there was a lot of discussion about it when it first came out, if you want to use the Search box at the top, under your screen name.

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx  I think it is Ok for me, too. But it is just because I recently read The Girl on the Train and The Woman in the Window, too. And all three of these books are murder mysteries involving an unreliable, alchoholic witness.  All of them are fun and engaging quick reads.  But I think after reading too many of them, it starts to feel formulaic and predictable.

Respected Contributor

I've only read one of her books, In a Dark, Dark Wood. I struggled trying to finish it. It was that bad.

The plot was ludicrous and convoluted. I didn't like ANY of the characters.

Her books sound good, but I'm hesitant to read any of them again.

Respected Contributor

The Death of Mrs. Westaway is Ruth Ware's best book, in my opinion.  She is a relatively new writer on the scene; I think she is getting better with each book.

Esteemed Contributor
The book makes me angry - loved the 1st half but then (IMO), the author didn’t know how to complete the story she started so turned it into something completely different and stupid.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Alter Ego.  The second half of the book was not great.  It’s the kind that you need a break from after you are done.  I liked her first book better.  I have The Death of Mrs. Westaway but haven’t read it yet.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't care about The Woman in Cabin 10, but I liked her other two books. I haven't read The Death of Mrs. Westaway yet. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Death of Mrs Westway is in the running for book of the year at Goodreads.  This book was tremendous.  Far and away better then all of her previous books combined.  The author gets criticized (and rightly so) for ludicrous, obvious plots/motives, but this books stands out.  It was quite scary and realistic . A likable heroine and villain.  Woth a read.