Respected Contributor

Wow...I just read a hauntingly good book by Tammy Greenwood...Rust and Stardust.  Talk about an author who can tell a story.  It's based on a true story and very closely follows the real tale of young Sally Horner who was abducted by a pedophile in the 1940's.  Riveting, engaging, heart-breaking...no matter what I was feeling, I couldn't put it down.  I'm drawn to mysteries, thrillers, etc., but enjoy any book if it is good, and this book is good!  I've already reserved more books at the library by this author.  This book came to my attention in the August 2018 Library Reads recommendations.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished "Dead Girl Running " by Christina Dodd. Never read her before. If you like a good mystery/thriller, give it a try. I really enjoyed it. Think I will check out the author you just recommended. I've been averaging two books a week this summer. Seems I'm always at the library. I have always been an avid reader, but since I retired,I've been reading like crazy. Worked at Barnes&Noble for 16 years, one of the best jobs I ever had.LOL. I don't buy many books anymore. Only if one of my favorite authors have a new one.I'm even starting to re-think that. I read too much and they really start to take up room. I tried donating five hard cover best sellers that were in pristane shape to the library, and they don't take donations. I have been donating them to a veterans organization.

Respected Contributor

I read Rust and Stardust and have been telling everyone to read it.  What a contrast a twelve year old from that time period was compared to one today.  When I finished the book I researched information from the "real" story.....the author really followed the true details.  I'm going to recommend it to my book club so we can discuss....so much to talk about with this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rust and Stardust

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

I read Rust and Stardust and have been telling everyone to read it.  What a contrast a twelve year old from that time period was compared to one today.  When I finished the book I researched information from the "real" story.....the author really followed the true details.  I'm going to recommend it to my book club so we can discuss....so much to talk about with this.

I agree, and I did the same thing...researched and was glad to read that the author more or less told the real story.  Lots to talk about with this...you are right!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Wow...I just read a hauntingly good book by Tammy Greenwood...Rust and Stardust.  Talk about an author who can tell a story.  It's based on a true story and very closely follows the real tale of young Sally Horner who was abducted by a pedophile in the 1940's.  Riveting, engaging, heart-breaking...no matter what I was feeling, I couldn't put it down.  I'm drawn to mysteries, thrillers, etc., but enjoy any book if it is good, and this book is good!  I've already reserved more books at the library by this author.  This book came to my attention in the August 2018 Library Reads recommendations.

@Ainhisg- I've ready many of T. Greenwood's books, and I've enjoyed every one of them. There are still more I haven't read yet but eventually hope to read them all. In her earlier books she was called T. Greenwood, but I think somewhere along the way she changed it to Tammy. Wonderful author!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett