Regular Contributor

I am rereading the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr.  I am rereading them as nook books.  I am on volume 2.  There are 5 volumes.  They are a great read.  It is like revisiting a family after many years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rereading a series

[ Edited ]

I do this too, I call it my comfort reading.  I just finished rereading Maisey Yates Gold Valley series. I'm sorry I was thinking about Susan Mallery and wrote her name.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I love that series.  I highly recommend rereading series.  Every Thanksgiving up until Christmas  I read again The Mitford Series, Jan Karon and The Cape Light Series, Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer.  Just puts me in the holiday mood.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I have been thinking of re- reading The Mitford series by Jan Karon.  I dearly loved it the first time and I used to be quite active on Jan's forum before she closed it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

It's enjoyable to go back to a series you've loved. Sometimes I read them out of order and want to go back and read them again in sequence. 

Respected Contributor

I re-read them from time to time, too. I also like her Thunder Point series. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

I have been thinking of re- reading The Mitford series by Jan Karon.  I dearly loved it the first time and I used to be quite active on Jan's forum before she closed it.

I love this series and have read it 3 times, it's just my feel good books.  I started to re-read it again but somehow misplaced the first book.  Bought it again, started to read it, got a puppy.....  I need to order the book again.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

New to me are the Maggie Hope Mysteries, by Susasan Elia MacNeal.  Mr. Churchhill's Secretary is the first installment and I enjoyed it very much.  I'm a" mature reader" of 70;  my 91 year old mother absolutely loved it.  The story follows the adventures of a young American who is both Churchill's secretary and a spy during the London Blitz.

Esteemed Contributor
I know someone here has mentioned how she’s reread The Harry Potter series and I always thought that was such a great idea, especially now being able to better visualize a scene due to the movies or being able to see how everything just fit together. But, then I remembered how long they were and just watched all the movies in order instead! LOL But maybe someday…