Respected Contributor

David McCullough twice received the Pulitzer Prize.  His writing style makes reading history very enjoyable.  

KUOW - Pulitzer Prize winning historian David McCullough has died

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP David McCullough

[ Edited ]

Great writer and a great loss.  We were fortunate to hear him speak and meet him a few times.

We even made the trek to the Univ. of Oklahoma to hear a very informal discussion among him, George H. Bush 41 and former Senator and then OU Pres. David Boren.  It was a wonderful event and I am so glad we went.  

Honored Contributor

I've read several of his books, all of them enjoyable and educational especially John Adams.

RIP.

Honored Contributor

I love to read and anyone who writes, publishes books and especially earns a Pulitzer Prize earns my respect and admiration.  David McCullough was a great writer and author and his books will live on, they are his legacy.  May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry he has passed.  What a fabulous author, he leaves us worlds to explore behind.

Respected Contributor

Fabulous writer: Truman, John Adams---made into a terrific series, relationship between FDR and Churchill (I forgot the title) etc.

As both a student and teacher of American History I loved reading to learn, and teaching using his words.

He was an exceptionally interesting writer of American 

history.

RIP

Trusted Contributor

His book about the Panama Canal, The Path Between the Seas, is a must read before going through the canal.  It really adds to the appreciation of the experience.