Respected Contributor

My first cousin wrote at book and it just became available on Amazon.  The e-reader version will be available in a few weeks.

The title is "Pastaman" by Paul Teodo.

We both grew up on the Southside of Chicago in the early 50's and left in the early 60's for various reasons.  Our mothers were born and raised there after our grandparents settled there after immigrating from Sicily.

Check it out and if you're interested, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Respected Contributor

Sorry but it's an outrageous price.   I'm not sure how he expects to get that kind of price for an unknown author and it doesn't have a look inside or even say how many pages it is.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Haven't checked out the book yet, but small world as I, too, grew up on the south side of Chicago in the fifties and sixties...Roseland area.

Respected Contributor

@sward05 wrote:

Haven't checked out the book yet, but small world as I, too, grew up on the south side of Chicago in the fifties and sixties...Roseland area.

I am very familiary with Roseland! I had a great aunt and uncle who lived right on the border at 127th Street on Stewart.

A great neighborhood with many Croatians, Italians and the best restaurants.  The old Catholic churches are beautiful.

The book will be available on e-readers in a few weeks.  I finished it last night and it is quite dark at first.  That's all I can say.

Respected Contributor

Is that the Pastaman published by Fulton Books? I believe Fulton Books works with authors who choose to self-publish and I think I saw on their website that they charge the author anywhere from $199.00 to $349.00 per month, depending on the services the author wants. I think that's a great option for those authors who choose it. I've been writing a book every year for the past 6 years and I upload directly to Amazon myself for free as an e-book. It takes an hour or so, depending on the type of cover, etc., and it helps if a summary is pre-written. I think the same can be done at the B&N site, but I haven't uploaded there so I'm not sure. Just an fyi in case your cousin wants to try to upload to e-book sites himself. And, if I can figure out how to upload, anyone can...LOL. I'm no tech genious. I wish him the best.

Respected Contributor
It is Fulton Books. It will be available for e-readers in a few weeks
How cool that you write. Such an accomplishment!