Esteemed Contributor

PETER ROBINSON CANADIAN CRIME WRITER HAS DIED

[ Edited ]

I belong to a Michael Connelly  FB group, and he posted a tribute to him and how he would miss his friend.

He writes the Inspector Alan Banks crime books that are set in Yorkshire, England. I tried a few of his books from this series but they were not for me.

I do know that several people in our book forum post about him and enjoy reading his books.  

May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Re: PETER ROBINSON CANADIAN CRIME WRITER HAS DIED

While I am not familiar with Peter Robinson's books I am a reader and have great respect for those who write and publish their works.  Writing is an art, a talent and books take us away to different places, give insight to people and history, teach and educate us so we are always learning.  I love my journeys through books and I am sure there are many readers who enjoyed Mr. Robinson's books and will continue to enjoy.  May he rest in peace with God.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear this.  I enjoyed every one of his books that I read and also enjoyed the televised versions.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I am so hurt. I adore Peter Robinson's books (I own all of them, and have read most). 

Trusted Contributor

I was really sorry to hear about his death.  I've read all of his Alan Banks books and thought they were good, with some being better than others, of course.  His last two books with the introduction of the Zelda character, are especially good, IMO.  He has one last book coming out in March for his fans to enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I'm very sad to read this.  I've read all his books and have enjoyed them.  When I'm checking the new releases at my library, he's one of the authors I always look for.  I'm glad to read he has one more book coming out but will be sad to read it knowing that that's the last we'll hear from Inspector Banks.