Honored Contributor

I enjoy the movies on the Hallmark Channel so I thought I would try a book.  Boy, was that a mistake.

The one I got  Caramel Pecan Roll Murder was just awful.  (I get audio CD's mostly so we can listen to them in the car. )  Really pitiful plot.

The reader was just awful, the plot and characters are dull, boring and silly.  The reader read Hannah's sisters part, Andrea, in a baby voice.  I did not even finish listening.  I will save it to listen to when I am desperate.

The most annoying thing is they read the recipes in the middle of the story, same as the book, but it does not work with audio cd.  For the cds they need to either put the recipes at the end or on a separate cd.

Whew, rant over.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

That thing about the recipes: you are correct!! How annoying!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie I've read or listened to the series and will say the books have gone downhill. In fact, the Hannah Maniac facebook page warns people not to be critical because the author gets her feelings hurt!  They said the author's son looks out for her so I'm wondering if she is failing in some way.

As far as the little girl voice you hear in the audiobooks, I think that is supposed to be Andrea's little girl Beth. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG ......Now that is just odd.  Im fairly certain that the baby voice was supposed to be Andrea but I wouldnt swear to it.  If and when I get the courage to listen to it again, I will pay more attention. 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

I read many of the Hannah Swensen mysteries.  Have not listened to any.  The earlier ones are best.  The last couple I read had a non-ending to leave you hanging.  I like them all wrapped up.