Trusted Contributor

Nook Free Friday - October 2020

The Nook Free Friday selection for October 2nd is...

The Island by S. Usher Evans

Also available for Amazon Kindle.

Prince Galian is third in line to the throne, but prefers his place as a resident at the Royal Kylaen Hospital. When his father urges him to join the military to help reclaim their colony, Galian is forced to put aside his oath to Do No Harm and fight a war he does not believe in.

Across the great Madion Sea, Captain Theo Kallistrate dreams of a day when she is no longer bound by conscription to fight for her country's independence. But when the Kylaens threaten, honor and duty call her to the front lines to fight off the oppressors. When an air skirmish goes wrong, both Theo and Galian crash on a remote island hundreds of miles from either nation. Grievously injured, Theo must rely on Galian's medical expertise, and Galian must rely on Theo's survival skills, to live another day in a harsh and unforgiving terrain.

Can they put aside their differences long enough to survive? Or will the war that brought them to the island tear them apart?

The Island

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - October 2020

The Nook Free Friday selections for October 8th are...

The Infamous Ratsos by Kara LaReau

The Infamous Ratsos (Infamous Ratsos Series #1)

Jessica Finch in Pig Trouble by Megan McDonald

Jessica Finch in Pig Trouble (Judy Moody and Friends Series #1)

Jasmine Green Rescues: A Piglet Called Truffle by Helen Peters

Jasmine Green Rescues: A Piglet Called Truffle

Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble by Sarah Webb

Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble

Adam Canfield of the Slash by Michael Winerip

Adam Canfield of the Slash

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't find a Nook Free Friday selection for today (October 16th).  There's a list of free books for those interested.  You can find it by going to the B&N Readouts page.  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77 - I never found a free one last week either.  None are showing today on the Free Reading page where they usually are found.  But I went to their Facebook page (public one) and there is a post from last week saying they were taking a pause (apparently there were cybersecurity issues).  And the Facebook page shows two offerings this week - After Me by Deborah Coonts (psychological thriller) and Meant to Be by Melody Grace (romance).  Not sure how to post the pics.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @ceekay!

The Nook Free Friday selections for October 23rd are...

After Me by Deborah Coonts

Twenty million in diamonds missing.

Kate Sawyer, a cop in witness protection, holds the key.

If she could only remember. 

Early-onset Alzheimer's clouds the past. Stem cell therapy is working to clear it.

But time is running out for Kate.

One night she finds a dead man in her bathtub with a note stuck in his pocket.

I know what you've done.

Her cover blown, Kate runs, the clock is ticking. People close to her are being killed. 

Shadowy memories tease her. Some she recognizes. Others don't seem familiar at all.

Running from people she can't remember, dogged by a past lost in the haze, Kate discovers no one is who they appear to be, perhaps not even herself.

After Me is a dark psychological thriller on the cutting edge of medical science, perfect for those who like scientific what-ifs...with a ray of hope.

After Me

Meant To Be by Melody Grace

Perfect for fans of Bella Andre, Susan Mallery, and Mary Kay Andrews, 'Meant to Be' is a gorgeously romantic feel-good beach read about a runaway bride searching for true love on Cape Cod... 

Poppy Somerville believes in happily-ever-after. It's the reason her romance novels have won devoted readers all over the world - and why she's broken off her engagement just weeks before the wedding instead of settling for less than true love. Escaping to her aunt's beach cottage in Sweetbriar Cove, Poppy is looking for inspiration to end her writer's block and finish her new book. She just wasn't counting on the handsome, gruff contractor making such a racket next door...

Cooper Nicholson doesn't believe in soul-mates. He thought he'd found his forever once, and the world proved him wrong, so when the cute brunette comes storming over and demands he keep the noise down, romance is the last thing on his mind. But his new neighbor is full of surprises, and soon, their chemistry is too hot to ignore.

As they grow closer, they discover fiction has nothing on the plot twists life has in store. But will Cooper find a way to let go of the past and risk his heart again? And can Poppy find her happy ending - on and off the page?

Meant to Be

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77  and @ceekay - I'm glad you all are having better luck! I tried and tried to find the selection today. I even held on to speak to Customer Service for 45 minutes before I gave up! I checked their Facebook and their Twitter- nothing. Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom @Stargazer77  Interestingly enough, I got an email from Barnes & Noble this morning apologizing for the recent outage, discussing cybersecurity, and offering a $5 coupon.  I don't buy books, I am a library or look for free ebooks reader.  But at least they acknowledged the problems.

I was so frustrated about finding the free Friday book yesterday (I had bookmarked the page and it had been fairly consistent for a couple of years) that I googled Nook Free Friday.  That led me to a Nook support page which had a link for the Nook Facebook page.  And that is where it had the info on the 2 free books for Oct 23rd.  The Twitter link on that page also showed the 2 free books.  So, it was a Nook Facebook page not a Barnes & Noble Facebook page if that helps you in the future.  :-)

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the information @ceekay! I've been checking the B&N Facebook page, not the Nook one. I didn't know there was a Nook one - LOL! It's getting harder and harder to find these. It was so much easier when they had it on Readouts, but even then they were all over the place WHEN they would post! Then they moved it to something else. At least you found it!   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for October 30th is...

After The Devil Has Won by Rick Wood

A young woman is alone in a world filled with monsters in this post-apocalyptic horror, desperate to get back to the one she cares about most...

Society has fallen and the world is filled with monsters. Cia, a young woman trying to survive the apocalypse, does all she can to protect both herself and the autistic boy she cares for.

But she fails.

The creatures attack and they are separated.

Cia is devastated. She cares deeply for this boy, and knows he will not survive without her.

She has no choice but to endure everything this world throws at her in a quest to find him. A quest that will make her wonder who the real monsters are – the creatures, or the other people that survived...

Will they find a way to be re-united? Or will the horrors of the world kill them both?