Respected Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

@Janey2  Thanks for mentioning The Unheard (Nicci French).  I didn't know they had a new book out.  

Respected Contributor

I just read Not A Happy Family by Shari Lapena.  It was very entertaining and cleverly written.  Loved the ending.   

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Night is watching (Krewe of Hunters #9) by Heather Graham. 

I am debating what to read next.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22  I was a bit disappointed in The Unheard. I do not think it was as good as the other Nicci French books. The writing was not as sharp as their other books and the story became a little tedious at times. 

Trusted Contributor

I read I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella. She always writes a light but interesting story. I really need to go back and read her shopaholic series.

I also read The Last Thing he Told Me by Laura Dave. I had thought that she was a thriller writer and then I realized I had read another book by her called Hello Sunshine which was not a thriller at all. I enjoyed this book although I know it had mixed reviews. It was a quick read only taking a few days.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

The Therapist, by B.A. Paris;  I read this book over the weekend and was extremely disappointed, since I enjoy all her books.  While the last 20 pages or so was up to her caliber this book was so convoluted, complicated, and just plain all over the place to enjoy.  Plus the main character just irked me to no end.   Alice is trying to figure out who murdered the previous owner of the home she and her boyfriend have just moved into.  Everyone including the city dog watcher practically is a suspect in her off the wall thoughts.  Could have been a great story line if the so called heroine was not such a unforgiving wimp.
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Finished HUSH by James Patterson, really good book! I am now reading THE THERAPIST by B.A. Paris! I have read many of her books before, and this one seems really good so far.....

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:
The Therapist, by B.A. Paris;  I read this book over the weekend and was extremely disappointed, since I enjoy all her books.  While the last 20 pages or so was up to her caliber this book was so convoluted, complicated, and just plain all over the place to enjoy.  Plus the main character just irked me to no end.   Alice is trying to figure out who murdered the previous owner of the home she and her boyfriend have just moved into.  Everyone including the city dog watcher practically is a suspect in her off the wall thoughts.  Could have been a great story line if the so called heroine was not such a unforgiving wimp.

@beckyb1012 Oh no!!!!!! I just started this one~! Iam only on page 30 so far, so not too far into it, I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them. O h. well , I guess you have to read a "Dud" once in a while! lol.....

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Hidden by Fern Michaels, i enjoyed this book!  Fun story to read, with a charming dog who was able to alert his Mommy when humans had failed!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm reading "The Wife Upstairs" by Rachel Hawkins. 

It's listed as a modern version of "Jane Eyre." The main character, Jane, walks dogs in an upscale gated communiy in Birmingham, Al. She meets Eddie Rochester, a new resident who has recently lost his wife, Bea, in a boating accident. The two move in together, as Jane tries to fit in with the neighborhood.

However, Jane has past secrets she doesn't want anyone to know about. It seems that Eddie also has secrets, and Jane becomes obsessed with finding out what really happened the day Bea died. Or is she even dead? 

This book is very good. Jane isn't a likeable person, but she is interesting. Something strange is going on, but no idea what it is. I just know that things aren't as they appear and I want to know more.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain