Respected Contributor

I am so excited. I've been a fan of her books for a long time and have read both her stand alones or her legal series which is my favorite.

She is with a new publisher and her latest coming out 3/23 is Eternal.  Every time I see a giveaway for this, either Goodreads or wherever.  It showed up via UPS yesterday and I've never been more excited.

Respected Contributor

I've read most of her books and saw her at a Barnes & Noble appearance. That was a fun night.

You got her new book as a giveaway? Please explain.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I've read most of her books and saw her at a Barnes & Noble appearance. That was a fun night.

You got her new book as a giveaway? Please explain.

@PickyPicky3 

I'm assuming it was from a giveaway.  I enter a lot especially popular authors I read.  All I know is that it came UPS in the pubisher's box. 

Trusted Contributor

Can you give me an idea of who her writing is similiar to?  Are the books gory in detail?  I like mysteries but don't like all the blood and guts details in the story.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Can you give me an idea of who her writing is similiar to?  Are the books gory in detail?  I like mysteries but don't like all the blood and guts details in the story.  Thanks!

@LuvmyLab 

She writes mostly legal mysteries and stand alones about different subjects.  She also writes nf essays with her daughter who is also a writer.  They are hysterically funny.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/s/lisa-scottoline/

I don't like blood and gore either!  LOL

Respected Contributor

I think of LS's writing as reflecting normal American middle class life where something happens and suddenly that life becomes less and less normal. No blood and gore.

Trusted Contributor

I am a Lisa Scottoline fan.  But I wonder why she switched to writing historical fiction for this book.  I am weary of reading about World War 2.  But every time I tell myself that I won't read another WW2 book, I find another good one.  I hope this one is good.  I just put it on hold at my public library.  I am #2 on the list so I should get it quickly. 

Respected Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I am a Lisa Scottoline fan.  But I wonder why she switched to writing historical fiction for this book.  I am weary of reading about World War 2.  But every time I tell myself that I won't read another WW2 book, I find another good one.  I hope this one is good.  I just put it on hold at my public library.  I am #2 on the list so I should get it quickly. 

@sandy53 

I read some historical fiction too but can't say how many vs. others I read.  I enjoy most of them. 

Not sure why she switched to historical but it just maybe a new venture obviously w/a new publisher. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen her speak at writer's conferences, and when she first started talking about writing this book, she discussed it in terms of wanting to stretch and try something new.

She's done the mysteries and the humor columns, so I'm excited to see how she does with this novel. I'm a writer, too, and can understand wanting to get out of the niche people know you for. 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I've seen her speak at writer's conferences, and when she first started talking about writing this book, she discussed it in terms of wanting to stretch and try something new.

She's done the mysteries and the humor columns, so I'm excited to see how she does with this novel. I'm a writer, too, and can understand wanting to get out of the niche people know you for. 

@Sammycat1 

I'd love to see her speak one of these days.  I had a feeling it was wanting to try something new with a new publisher.  I was so impressed with the research she did.  It was so detailed.  There are a lot of writers that need to get out of their comfort zone and niche and there are some authors I stopped reading because most of their books became repetititve after a while.

What type of books do you write?  I'm intrigued.