Esteemed Contributor

Kindle Unlimited Question - Amazon

I accepted a free 3-month subscription to Amazon Kindle Unlimited, which will expire on October 14. I am not renewing it, but what I wanted to know is, what will happen to the ten books I've taken out that are on my Kindles? Will they be removed when I turn the wireless on to my Kindles, or will they stay even when I turn the Kindles on? I don't want to lose the books, but I also can't read them all now. These books are not available from my library and I do want to read them. I just don't know when. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Occasional Contributor

Re: Kindle Unlimited Question - Amazon

I also tried the Kindle Unlimited free trial and cancelled it before the 3 months is up.  I still have the books on my kindle, but after the initial 3 months trial is up, the books will be automatically removed.

Regular Contributor

They will be removed.

Trusted Contributor

@sunala - what you could do is write down the names and authors of those ten books.  Then, wait a while and then ask for another free trial and request those books again, when you have more time to read them.

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@sunala - what you could do is write down the names and authors of those ten books.  Then, wait a while and then ask for another free trial and request those books again, when you have more time to read them.

hi @dawg lover  - I like your thinking lol Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@dawg lover  - Great idea! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover 

That's a great idea.  I went on to cancel because I have a lot of books I haven't read yet and I don't get many via unlimited anymore.  But realized I'll lose the ones I have.

Most/many unlimited books seem to be self published or amazon published and we can't get them anywhere else, so I hate to lose them.  Your idea may be the solution.

Super Contributor

You may find the Unlimited Books are cheap
To purchase...like .99 or 1.99. We use Kindle Unlimited for my hubby and me. Book Bub May have them
also.
Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@dawg lover 

That's a great idea.  I went on to cancel because I have a lot of books I haven't read yet and I don't get many via unlimited anymore.  But realized I'll lose the ones I have.

Most/many unlimited books seem to be self published or amazon published and we can't get them anywhere else, so I hate to lose them.  Your idea may be the solution.

You can sign up for Freebooksy. They send me a near-daily email with free Amazon books by genre and I've noticed almost all of the books they send me are on the Kindle Unlimited plan.No guarantee the books you want will come up as free, but it's worth a shot.