Honored Contributor

Just finished One by One by Ruth Ware

That writer has done it again.  Author of Death of Mrs Westaway and Turn of the Key has this new book out.  Exciting book, fast narrative with the point of view of two characters.  Set in a French Chalet with an avalanche looming. Enjoyed this. 

snow running GIF by Pablo Lopez

Honored Contributor

Re: Just finished One by One by Ruth Ware

I just read it too and loved it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I like to read a variety of books and am always looking for a new author !

Respected Contributor

I've read her from her first book.  I don't get her lately.  One By One is a definite rip off of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.  And The Turn of the Key is based on Henry James' The Turn of the Screw.  Disappointed in her.

Valued Contributor

I finished this book over the weekend.

I enjoyed it very much.  

Esteemed Contributor

I started it about a month ago. I'm not saying I loved it or hated it, but I didn't have much desire to get back to it, so it's about maybe 20% finished. It's a library book on my Kindle and as long as I don't refresh the Kindle, it will remain there. I was starting to get confused with all the different characters, which is a problem I seem to have when there are more than a couple of people in the book. I try to remember them by descriptions such as "ratty black dress" and "choppy blonde haircut," but it doesn't work all that well.

I may go back to it sometime, but I don't think I'll miss it if I don't.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review.  I'll put it on my TBR list at our local library.

Trusted Contributor

I'm about 30% into the his book and I'm hating it. I loved her other ones. I'll finish tho,hopefully it will get better.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got on the list for One by One at the library for my I pad. There's a 6 month wait!   🙁

Esteemed Contributor

I started this book this morning, about 1/2 through, I do not hate it, and look forward to finishing!