Respected Contributor

Almost finished reading "Mrs. Kennedy and Me" by Clint Hill (her Secret Service quard).

She was quite the busy lady and seldom stayed at the White House according to him.  Sure is a whole different lifestyle not only being First Lady but she obviously was brought up so differently than your "avererage Joe".  Spent so much time away from her kids too.  Very interesting  reading...

Honored Contributor

I admired Jackie Kennedy.  The book sounds interesting and informative, I will put it on my list of books to read!  

Honored Contributor

I'm backed up on reading for work, but I enjoy books about Jackie. One on my list is White House by the Sea. Has anyone read this? 

Respected Contributor

Ii read that book several years ago. Mr. Hill was very dedicated to Mrs Kennedy. He stayed with her for a year after the assassination before receiving a new assignment. 

Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl @50Mickey Read Mrs Kennedy and Me last year and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. So many interesting and adventerous tidbits like her visit to Khyber Pass in Pakistan and time in India. Also, travel with her adventerous sister, Lee Radziwill and those private family gatherings. There is little doubt her ability to speak multiple foriegn languages (French, Spanish, and Italian) was an asset.

So glad to hear others enjoyed it too. Have a great day

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Almost finished reading "Mrs. Kennedy and Me" by Clint Hill (her Secret Service quard).

She was quite the busy lady and seldom stayed at the White House according to him.  Sure is a whole different lifestyle not only being First Lady but she obviously was brought up so differently than your "avererage Joe".  Spent so much time away from her kids too.  Very interesting  reading...

Honored Contributor

It must have been hard being the First Lady at the age 33 and with the upbringing she had had.  I bet the book is good I am going to put on my list for reading and soon.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor
I read this book a few years ago. Loved it. Last year I read the book written by Ronald Reagans head security guy. Very interesting and sweet stories about Ronnie and Nancy. . Sorry that I can't remember the authors name off the top of my head. The relationships built between Presidential families and their security teams are so special.
Honored Contributor

I read all those books I can about Presidents and First Ladies.  I remember so many funny stories--like one agent who commented about Laura Bush being in her house coat at Camp David a lot.  Struck me as funny.

Also I learn a lot about people's lives and actions. One of the best I've read was Jackie, Janet and Lee.  It would have been fascinating if I'd never heard of any of them.

The only one I simply couldn't read was Truman. And struggled with Team of Rivals but I did finish it!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I read all those books I can about Presidents and First Ladies.  I remember so many funny stories--like one agent who commented about Laura Bush being in her house coat at Camp David a lot.  Struck me as funny.

Also I learn a lot about people's lives and actions. One of the best I've read was Jackie, Janet and Lee.  It would have been fascinating if I'd never heard of any of them.

The only one I simply couldn't read was Truman. And struggled with Team of Rivals but I did finish it!  

@Sooner Did you ever read the one by her Housekeeper?  It was really good.

Jackie's Girl: My Life with the Kennedy Family

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor
If this came out a few years ago, how old is the author? Just curious.