Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

There’s no going back for me but I do miss the covers of books.  With reading online I never seem to remember the title of the book I’m reading.

I’ve started reading on a mini iPad though, rather than my Kindle Paperwhite.

I see that @Jasmine19 mentioned the covers up above🙂

@tansy I have hardly picked up my Kindle for years because the mini IPad is THE best to use for reading for me.  Brighter, clearer, I can see any pictures well, plus do other things when I tire of reading or need to check e-mail.

It's my favorite electronic device, and my husband has one and that's all he uses now for 90 percent of his reading or web browsing. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

no, i never use a kindle or tablet or laptop to read books.

i never felt comfortable doing it when the craze first began.

there is just something "special" to me about reading a book and holding it in your hands, especially hard cover books.

My best friend said that over and over for years.   I'll never get an E reader; I love real books.   Well she hasn't held a real book in her hands for years.   She won a Kindle and that was that.

She said the same thing about cruises> "i'll never take a cruise'....cooped up on a boat on the water?  No way.  Well, she and her husband take 2-3 a year both here and river cruises in Europe.  

I still read real books every now and then .  I get them from the library but I love my Kindle and think it's one of my best decisions ever!!  

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 

I too get a lot of my books from the library downloaded to my Kindle.   That is the best feature, I think.   I use my local library although for some reason they haven't had many of the books in E format that I wanted.   So, I get them from the local library in PA where we used to live.   I'm glad I kept my library card number.