Respected Contributor

I read this book a couple years ago as I became fascinated with this case.  He appeared in court today and plead guilty to avoid the death penalty.  He is extremely feeble with health issues (Karma...). The author of this book passed away before she could finish it but her husband was able to complete it.  I highly recommend this for those who read true crime and also based on the news today.

67116B26-2322-4D88-80A5-711879888558.png

Respected Contributor

Re: Golden State Killer Update

There is a series on HBO with the same name. Last night was the first episode. I haven't watched it yet. 

Frequent Contributor

I just read an interview with Patton Oswalt, comedian and actor, who was married to Michelle Mcnamara. Sad that she died of an opiate overdose before an arrest was made in this case. Think researching this monster was too much for her to handle!

"Crime writer Paul Haynes, investigative journalist Billy Jensen, and McNamara's husband comedian Patton Oswalt helped complete the book following her death."

Esteemed Contributor

A while ago I read it.  I would recommend it, will not cause nightmares I think.

I was so very impressed about how he just planed things.  Like we would wash clothes so we could pack so we could drive to the airport.  Calm and deliberate.

Respected Contributor

This new book has just been released today regarding the Golden State Killer.  Headed to BN to pick up a copy, my fascination continues...!

B9934F04-FFCB-4515-B8CB-8F687B73B2D9.jpeg