Super Contributor

Goodreads is having their readers choice voting.  I think it ends on Saturday.  Since I tend to read older books, I´ve read only two of the books.

Honored Contributor

@kitty45I have to thank you for your post because I had never gone to the Goodreads site before although like you I tend to read from older books.  That's actually what my book club does, too, because finding the more recent books is harder and/or more expensive.

I've read only one of the novels in the best fiction for 2015 --Our Souls at Night.  It's a lovely book, but I suspect it's something more for older women (like me), but I'd be curious about other's reactions and their approximate ages. 

Sad, too, that Haruf has died.  I've liked each of his books.

Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

Goodreads is having their readers choice voting.  I think it ends on Saturday.  Since I tend to read older books, I´ve read only two of the books.

Thanks, @kitty45. I'm in the same boat. My To Read list is so long that I almost never get to books the year they are published. Every October I go to the amazing Texas Book Festival and add another two dozen books to my list, but by the time I get to read them, they're no longer eligible for any of the reader's choice awards I can vote in. I've also only read two of the books listed this year. I still have unread books from my 2012 Texas Book Festival list! And now I've gone and added 20 more from the reader's choice award nominees. Smiley Happy  Not that I'm complaining about the abundance of good books from which to choose!