Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

• Just finished The Accident by Natalie Barelli, such a good book, again I started this morning and just finished, it was so good!
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian, this was so good, read it one day, just could not put it down, and the ending, shocking!

@CareBears This is on my TBR list! I really like his books.

Super Contributor

I just finished The Shadow Box by Luanne Rice. It held my attention from the first chapter. Did a murder happen, web of lies, old friendships or are they? Very fun read.
Respected Contributor

@3blackdogs wrote:
I just finished The Shadow Box by Luanne Rice. It held my attention from the first chapter. Did a murder happen, web of lies, old friendships or are they? Very fun read.

@3blackdogs 

I miss her contemporary ones that she wrote in the 80s/90s.  I haven't read her mysteries as yet. 

Respected Contributor

Finished Aftershocks (memoir) by Nadia Owusu in 2 days.  I couldn't put this book down. 

I have a book coming today so that might be my next one.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET  I'm hoping you can answer this question for me.  I have not been able to get into Goodreads for two days now.  I get what looks like a table of contents but can't go anywhere.  Are you having a problem?  Or do you know if there is some kind of refresh I need to do?

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@SWEET  I'm hoping you can answer this question for me.  I have not been able to get into Goodreads for two days now.  I get what looks like a table of contents but can't go anywhere.  Are you having a problem?  Or do you know if there is some kind of refresh I need to do?

@smoky22 

That's weird since I've been on there daily both on my Ipad and desktop.  Are you on the app or desktop?  People usually mention these things on FB book groups since there are a lot of users and noone has said anything.

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LAST MONTH?

@KathyM23 wrote:

I read Boys in the Woods by Faye Kellerman.  She has always been one of my favorite authors, but I enjoyed the books alot more before Peter Decker retired from LA Detectives and moved to the small town in New York.

Also read Lost Hills by Lee Goldberg, the Eve Ronin Deputy series.  Good Book.

Nothing Good Happens After Midnight.  This is a book of short stories edited by Jeffery Deaver.  I normally do not read short stories, but I had reserved this book because of Deaver.  If you like short stories, it would be a good book.

Spoils of the Dead by Dana Strabenow.  Trooper Liam Campbell series.  Takes place in Alaska.  Normally enjoy her books but this one did not hold my interest as much as the books she writes in the Kate Shugart series.  Just finished it tonight.

Deep into the Dark by P. J. Tracy was a Margaret Nolan mystery.  Prefer the Monkey Wrench series more, but this book is worth reading.

Before She Disappeared by Lisa Gardner about a woman who spends her life moving from place to place locating missing persons.  It was OK.

I have 64 books on reserve.  Many of authors new to me, along with some of my favorites.  I have one to pick up tomorrow Every Last Secret by A. R Torre.  This is a new author for me.

Thank you for this list.  A couple of them seem like just the thing for me and I put them on reserve at my public library. 

This week I finished A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.  I know this isn't a new book for most of you, but it is my book club selection for this month.  The main character is a Count who is under house arrest in a downtown Moscow hotel.  It goes from the time right after the Russion Revolution until the 1950's.  I thought it started out a little slow with more Russian history that I cared to know, but about halfway through it got better.  And the last third of the book was really exciting.  The characters were interesting and smart, and hotel as the setting almost became a character itself. I recommend it.  There will be lots of good discussion at the book club meeting on Monday.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET   thanks so much for the response.  I go into Goodreads  via desktop.  Wonder if I can get there on my kindle fire.  i'll try that.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@SWEET   thanks so much for the response.  I go into Goodreads  via desktop.  Wonder if I can get there on my kindle fire.  i'll try that.

@smoky22 

Let me know if it works.  I'd contact GR for help for desktop.  They are efficient in getting back to you and they've helped me a lot!