Regular Contributor

Book lovers...if you have not heard of Thrift Books they are an excellent website. I just ordered 6 paperbacks for under $19. They have special offers to take advantage of which I did on my order. Most paperbacks are $3.79 so with any promo discounts it's a real good deal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cheap book source

[ Edited ]

Agree that they're a good one, @Novemberbaby; I've gotten books from their Ebay store.

Trusted Contributor

I found an interesting website called all bookstores.  You put in the name of the book you are seeking, and it gives you the prices you would pay at various places like Thrift, ebay, Amazon, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cheap book source

[ Edited ]

Half Price Bookstore

Another used/discount/new bookstore based in Texas. 

Honored Contributor

Better World Books - their Ebay store or website.  Helps fund literacy efforts as well.

Super Contributor

Local library sells used books (hardback) 50 cent - $1, less for paperbacks.  Stores that have great deals on used books are Savers, Goodwill, And Deserret Industries.  Since I usually read a book in two days I pay as little as possible.  During one month this summer I read about 20 books, including all the Harry Potter series, and Dan Brown's series on The Di Vinci Code.  

Honored Contributor

GREAT DEAL ALERT

Better World Books - which helps fund literacy efforts - has new and used books and FREE worldwide shipping.

Currently, they're offering FREE expedited shipping through Tues. Dec. 12th on used books that ship from their U.S. distribution centers.

Plus there's a current special:  10% off two or more used books with the promo code BOOKS4GOOD.

HTH and happy shopping Cat Happy