Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@amaivy wrote:

Donna Leon.  She is a American living in Venice.  Her mysteries are set in Venice. I believe she is one mystery author who transcends the genre and writes Literature.

She is highly regarded by the critics too..

The NY Times ranked Josephie Tey's  The Daughter of Time as the best mystery book ev er.  She wrote in the 40's and 50's and was the very first mystry writer I ever read.  What a great intoduction to the genre.

Thanks for the recommendation on Donna Leon.  I had never heard of her but she sure has a lot of books.  I'm going to see if she looks interesting to me.

Oh....my....that book was fantastic!  I read it years ago in the library one day. Someone left it on the table.  I picked it up and ended up reading the entire book in one sitting.  Got my husband to read it too.  Written in the early 1950's I think.  Just a fantastic story.  I started reading up on Richard III almost immediately afterwards. 

Honored Contributor

I read Tana French's In the Woods and enjoyed it. Gotta put her as an author to read. Sometimes you read a book but forget to add a name to the list. The list gets longer and I can't keep up, although some gets deleted as it no longer holds my interest. James Patterson, I' talking to you lol

Trusted Contributor

I recommend Margaret Coel (Wind River series) and PJ Tracy (Monkeewrench series).  

Trusted Contributor

I thought of another one who has not been mentioned:  Julia Spencer-Fleming.

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I read Tana French's In the Woods and enjoyed it. Gotta put her as an author to read. Sometimes you read a book but forget to add a name to the list. The list gets longer and I can't keep up, although some gets deleted as it no longer holds my interest. James Patterson, I' talking to you lol

@Yahooey, I love Tana French.  If you can, read the books in order.  She must be due for another one soon (I hope!).  LM

Honored Contributor

Just came across this one and it's coming to our library soon. You need to like Jackie Kenney O the way I do maybe.

Author: Kathy McKeon

"Jackie's Girl:  My life with the Kennedy Family".

I'll be on the lookout for it here.

Occasional Contributor

Arthur and the Invisibles are incredible book? I love it so much