Respected Contributor

I need a new author to read.  I really like any kind of mystery/thriller.  I do not like cozies or chick lite (romance with a mystery thrown in as filler).  Do you have any favorites?

Thanks.

Super Contributor

I have a ton of mystery authors that I read.  Elizabeth George, David Baldacci, Harlen Coben, Louise Penney, John Grishom, Anne Perry, Victoria Thompson to name a few.  Most of them, however, have recurring characters and you almost need to start from the beginning to get the most out of them.  My new favorite that I just discovered is Preston/Child and their Pendergast series.  Read one of the Pendergasts and i was hooked. 

Respected Contributor

@appm wrote:

I have a ton of mystery authors that I read.  Elizabeth George, David Baldacci, Harlen Coben, Louise Penney, John Grishom, Anne Perry, Victoria Thompson to name a few.  Most of them, however, have recurring characters and you almost need to start from the beginning to get the most out of them.  My new favorite that I just discovered is Preston/Child and their Pendergast series.  Read one of the Pendergasts and i was hooked. 

I have read several of these authors, but others are new to me so I'll check them out.  I do not mind recurring characters if I like the story line. Thanks for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I need a new author to read.  I really like any kind of mystery/thriller.  I do not like cozies or chick lite (romance with a mystery thrown in as filler).  Do you have any favorites?

Thanks.

@Winkk

Do you know this author?

http://www.gregiles.com/

Honored Contributor
Have you read Michael Connelly? He has two series. He's the author of the Lincoln Lawyer that was made into a movie.

Maybe you'd like Lee Child and his Jack Reacher novels.

Respected Contributor

tansy wrote:
Spoiler

Have you read Michael Connelly? He has two series. He's the author of the Lincoln Lawyer that was made into a movie.

Maybe you'd like Lee Child and his Jack Reacher novels.

@tansy, I have read all the Michael Connelly books and loved them all.  I did read a few Lee Childs books but not the entire series.  I have read a lot and that is why I'm trying to find another author I haven't read yet.  I have been reading some of Karen Slaughter books the past few weeks and they are just OK.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Thanks.

@Winkk

Do you know this author?

http://www.gregiles.com/

@ lolakimono,  I do not know this author but I will check it out.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
Have you ever read Wendy Corsi Staub? Or the Beaumont series by J.A. Jance? Another series I like is the Nina Reilly books by Perri O'Shaughnessy? Also Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy. (It took me a while to get into the first one but once I did I was hooked).
Contributor

Donna Leon.  She is a American living in Venice.  Her mysteries are set in Venice. I believe she is one mystery author who transcends the genre and writes Literature.

She is highly regarded by the critics too..

The NY Times ranked Josephie Tey's  The Daughter of Time as the best mystery book ev er.  She wrote in the 40's and 50's and was the very first mystry writer I ever read.  What a great intoduction to the genre.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You may want to check out Melinda Leigh.  I have enjoyed many of her books.

Also check out Robert Pater's books.