Contributor
I just heard about Book Outlet through a YouTube book channel. Has anyone had any experience with ordering through them?
Honored Contributor

Never heard of them, but I'll check them out. We used to have a chain called Atlantic Book Warehouse that offered absurdly good prices on books, but I think they're all gone now. On several occasions it would take me two trips to the car to carry all the books I'd bought. Shipping costs would make discount books a tougher thing to sell online.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor
It seems they offer free shipping if you spend over $35.
Honored Contributor

@catlover00 wrote:
It seems they offer free shipping if you spend over $35.

That's not so bad then. I was just at their site, literally seconds ago, and could find nothing about shipping costs. Prices aren't that low to me compared to old brick and mortar discounters we had around here. Organization seems a bit lacking also with no subcategories. All of the cookbooks in every category are just randomly plopped down. If you're looking for baking cookbooks, you've got to go from page to page and hope you don't overlook any. Oddly, some identical books have two listings at two prices. I'm guessing one is a book that's been damaged in some way and one's undamaged, but I couldn't readily verify that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@catlover00 wrote:
I just heard about Book Outlet through a YouTube book channel. Has anyone had any experience with ordering through them?

@catlover00  I never heard of Book Outlet.

If you don't mind buying USED books, check out Thriftbooks. I've been buying from them for years. 

Most of the books I read are around $4, some a little less. If it's a newer book, the price will be higher - in that case I place it on my wishlist and I wait until the price comes down (it always does!). They have sub-categories and will offer you the choice of the condition of the book, Shipping is FREE over $10.

Right now they're offering 15% off if you spend $15 - I've been stocking up, LOL! The code is right on their website.

Contributor
Thank you @lmt. I'll have to check them out as well. I've browsed Book Outlet but still haven't ordered. My annual library book sale is this weekend so I'm waiting to see what I can pick up there. I stock up every year!
Regular Contributor

I love Book Outlet! It have ordered there a couple of times, usually when they are running a special or sale. The value is excellent and the books that I have chosen have always been ding-free! I have to be careful there or I could spend a lot of money getting books from my TBR.