Respected Contributor

Author Ransom Riggs Miss Peregrine's Books

Has anyone read any of the above author's books  -  Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children. Hollow City and his latest Library of Souls -   Wondered what you thought of them.  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Author Ransom Riggs Miss Peregrine's Books

I've read Peculiar Children.  Although I considered PTB about 40 pages in, I continued and found it to be delightful.  As a rule, I am not fond of fantasy; but this was a clear exception.

Respected Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

I've read Peculiar Children.  Although I considered PTB about 40 pages in, I continued and found it to be delightful.  As a rule, I am not fond of fantasy; but this was a clear exception.

I started it once but didn't think it was my kind of book, so moved on to something else.  Is it mainly fantasy, or was there a horror aspect to it also?

Valued Contributor

@smokymtngal wrote:

@pateacher wrote:

I started it once but didn't think it was my kind of book, so moved on to something else.  Is it mainly fantasy, or was there a horror aspect to it also?

I  read this book a few years ago.  If memory serves me correctly, it was primarily fantasy.  I do think I remember a villian, however.  One of the drawbacks of being an avid reader is my inability to remember the specifics of all the books I've read....alas!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your replies Ladies.  This is generally not my type of book but I think I will maybe try the first one - always good to broaden our horizons.