Regular Contributor

Hello, Lovely Ladies!

What do YOU use for facial primer at bedtime to seal in your skin care products? 

I'm not happy with losing my products to the pillowcase! ;}

Honored Contributor

Re: using primer at bedtime?

I wasn't aware that I had to seal my skincare products.  If I thought so, I certainly would not use concealor.  I use concealor under my makeup to cover the things I want to cover.  I do not apply it over my entire face.  I wash my face and put my skincare products on a couple of hours before bedtime.  I'm not sure it's necessary but I do it so that they sink into my skin and I don't rub them off onto the pillow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If your pillowcase is wearing your skincare products then you are probably applying too much and/or applying your products too soon before bedtime.

Primers are not made to 'seal in' skincare products. Primers are used to prepare the skin for makeup application. I would be concerned that a primer may interfere with my skincare products.

Night masks (not night creams) are made to be applied at night and those help seal in your other products and they are usually light and won't leave a mess on your pillow.

Respected Contributor

@Merciful One I never heard of using a primer at bedtime, so I am no help.  I don't slather any products on....so there's not much of anything rubbing off on my pillow.  

I will be curious if anyone uses a bedtime primer.

Regular Contributor

I heard about this a long time ago on Q. I don't remember if it was Mally or Jamie Kern who talked about it...

Regular Contributor

SilleeMee 

That's a good point about it, possibly, interfering with the skin care products!

I'll put it on earlier in the evening as you suggested

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Chrystaltree!

I think I will start applying earlier in the evening too

Honored Contributor

@Merciful One.  Probably somebody trying to sell primer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Merciful One 

Look for a 'sleeping mask' cream if you need to seal in your products.

Regular Contributor

Haha, Kachina624!

That's always the lens through which I view their recommendations! You are correct, friend