Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong and this could be old news but it doesn't look like QVC's version of Pinterest - "toGather" - is around anymore. That was short-lived. Looks like there's a "trending" option now.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, that must have just happened in the last day or so because I clicked on it by mistake for something.

Twitter never took off for the Q either. They are pretty much stuck with Facebook and "blogs" here in this site for interaction.

I wonder if they will go back to Pinterest.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

That is because their core clientele doesnt really understand Twitter or a site like ToGather Not bashing, its just a fact.

Respected Contributor

I didn't notice but it's not surprising. I love Pinterest and I suppose ToGather was meant to be QVC's version but it was awkard, poorly planned and under used. It never took off. It wasn't something QVC's core customer wanted or used. Now, maybe QVC will ditch all those big tv screens and all mumbo jumbo about Facebook. It's silly, pointless and detracts from the tv presentations. Does anyone really care what Doris from Schenectedy just posted...?????

Honored Contributor

Facebook is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Have you seen the # of followers some of the hosts have? They rival celebrities. HSN's best hosts don't even come close to the # of followers that the newest/lesser known QVC hosts have.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
On 1/21/2015 VaBelle35 said:

Facebook is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Have you seen the # of followers some of the hosts have? They rival celebrities. HSN's best hosts don't even come close to the # of followers that the newest/lesser known QVC hosts have.

...and that's exactly my point. QVC customers (those who choose to) are already on Facebook. So, what's the point of that silly big tv screen? The customers who are on FB are already communicating on the REAL Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

It's still there but the header is now that of QVC and not a stand alone. I was able to see my account and add a product.

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2015 VaBelle35 said:

Interesting, that must have just happened in the last day or so because I clicked on it by mistake for something.

Twitter never took off for the Q either. They are pretty much stuck with Facebook and "blogs" here in this site for interaction.

I wonder if they will go back to Pinterest.

they are still using twitter several times a day.....and respond to those who tag qvc or qvcs hash tags in their tweets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Every time someone started a thread here saying, "What is that toGather thing? What's it for? What does it do? WHY?????" there would be a bunch of replies saying that it was a stupid idea, no one liked it, totally pointless waste of an IT job when everyone would rather QVC spent money making this site work properly all the time.

I have Adblock Plus and it stops me even seeing the social media links like the toGather one. If people don't see it, they're not going to use it.

Super Contributor

Looks like they're mimicking HSN's heart system where you click on the red heart on an item to add it to your favorites. It doesn't seem like they're finished installing it yet.
I noticed Amazon and a few other sites are doing it also. I hope QVC isn't planning on eliminating the wish list. I'm old, I dislike change. lol

ETA: I see what they did now, togather has changed to 'trending' where you see a flow of hosts, staff, vendors, and members who clicked on the red heart on a product.