Frequent Contributor

What to use to add sun protection to Skinn cream?

Hello, again!

Yesterday I posted a question about where to start with Skinn, and many of you replied with wonderful advice. I took it!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Today I ordered the TTV, the watermelon mask (since my skin is dry I am hoping this will really help), and the midnight recovery complex elixir. I also am going to order the youth preservation cream.

My new question is this: I can't seem to find any sort of sunblock from Skinn to use over the youth preservation cream for daytime use? Does he have one that just isn't listed anywhere?

If not, what do you ladies do to add sun protection to your Skinn routine?

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: What to use to add sun protection to Skinn cream?

I use Crème Reverse, day and night, and I am using up what I have on hand before buying anything else. One day I decided to try equal parts Crème Reverse and some of Dr. Denese's SPF30 eye defense cream. It worked fabulously. I don't know if that would work for the 24-hour cream since it is richer, but you might just experiment with a similar SPF cream if you have one at home. Dimitri makes a pretty good SPF that was offered in a Dermablend kit a while ago. I do not know if it is sold separately.

Respected Contributor

I had read here about the company ASDM Beverly Hills, that their broad spectrum spf 35+ was a great product and because it has a very very slight tint to it I thought I would try it, putting (lightly buffing) Laura Geller B&B over it. I really really like the look as I only like tinted moisturizers, not full foundations.

So in the meantime I have Dimitri's CC cream that came in a TTV kit a couple yrs ago, I never tried it because it didnt have spf in it. A few months ago I was going to toss it in the trash but I decided to check it out first just to see the texture etc. I love this!

You see where this is going! ASDM spf + Skinn CC (for me) is like peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and chocolate together, I love it and the CC cream has even got to be expired {#emotions_dlg.blush} I pump a bit of the spf on my fingers and a tad bit of the CC and muush them together as one, then apply.

Anyway, the ASDM Beverly Hills Broad Spectrum SPF 35+ is awesome, in a chuncky pump bottle you get 4 oz. for 25.00 - its a whole lot of very nice product, I highly recommend it.

Super Contributor

I use different foundations without sunscreen and use Dr. Denese SPF cream and mix it with my serums, including Hydroshield, using my fingers or a spatula. Her SPF doesn't pill on my skin.

Respected Contributor

Kiehls sells a SPF that you add to any moisturizer.
Trusted Contributor

Staying with Skinn, he offers 2 sunscreens...Skinn Collagenesis Daily Defense Anti Aging Antioxidant sunscreen SPF 30 which I use...it can be found on Ebay for like 10 bucks...it is not greasy or oily and lays on top of your serums and creams nicely before makeup...he offers another : Skinnsurance Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 which I have never tried...the ladies here are very knowledgable and I am sure you will get lots of suggestions...I hope that helps and good luck finding your Holy Grail sunscreen!

Respected Contributor

I have used the SKINN Mineral Sunscreen and I like it a lot. I have also used the ASDM and it's great as well. I use the sunscreen over Argan Oil. I have really dry skin and this works well for me.

Respected Contributor

I just asked this exact question on the other thread, so thank you for bring it up here too! For me, I haven't been using SKINN in the am because I don't like lots of layers before putting on makeup, I just like one moisturizer with spf built in. But I'd like to start using SKINN in the am too. So I've been experimenting here but not having a lot of luck.
Respected Contributor

I bought the SKINN sunscreen SPF 30 off of e-bay, and while I like it, it's not moisturizing enough for me when I'm really dry like I am right now in the winter.

I also have the ASDM moisturizer and it's great for the summer, but I can't use it in the winter for the same reason, way too drying this time of year for me.

I even tried adding some Rose hip seed oil to both of the above products and it helps, but still isn't great.

So, I'm not sure what to do. Use something other than SKINN or try to add the SKiNN spf over top of my stem rejens or something.

I wouldn't care so much but I have some serious melasma and don't want it getting even worse. Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Respected Contributor

I use his 24 Hour Preservation Cream then top it off with Josie Mara SPF 47. Since my skin is dry, I can easily use 2 moisturizers without it being greasy on my skin.