Respected Contributor

LOL! I just flipped on QVC....Jane and IT woman in tears about a mascara award!

OMG puhleeeze! Turned it right off...............

Respected Contributor

You got that right. @ellaphant R they serious?

Respected Contributor

ridiculous marketing ploy!

Respected Contributor

I bet she's thinking "um, um, um where's my crown?" 

Respected Contributor

A lot of "phony" goes on with everyone, you can see right through

it.  I dislike phony, and change the channel quite often.

Respected Contributor

Gave it a shot for a few minutes, but just couldn't watch...

Very staged.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

jane look beautiful

But why did all the same companies win.  IT Cosmetic is a great line but really it won almost all makeup.  I can't believe Tarte, or Mally, Doll10 didn't even get anything.  Glad Laura gellar got some.  IT is now it what BE used to be  

Respected Contributor

Because this is the only makeup brand that QVC has on all the time. Also, what do these awards really mean outside of QVC?? I'm not being mean but I like choices and I have many different beauty brands. 

Respected Contributor

Does anyone actually believe that these "awards" were really chosen by viewers votes, and not by QVC?

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: these 'awards' :>)

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, but I think those awards are ridiculous.  They present the same limited number of brands on TV over & over again, then the winners are based on tallying up votes of people who actually chose to take the time to click here.  Does QVC ever disclose exactly how they arrive at the winners?  [Perhaps they do online somewhere, I missed it.] 

Take Wen for example.  If you have it on TV 90% of the total hours you show any hair cleanser, chances are your devoted Wen users will triumph with their "winner." Then everyone cries with happiness and some believe that proves something.  It proves lots of people who are already devoted to Wen voted for it as their winner. 

I find the awards are only for QVC to justify selling the same limited items in each category.  Then they present those same items over & over again, year after year.  I'll wait until QVC opens up their product line offerings, and give them adequate TV time.  Then I'll pay attention to their awards.